Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Musicians you like as people

What's Hot

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Fuengi said:
    I met Scott Hutchinson from Frightened Rabbit and he was absolutely lovely. Chatted away with me and Fuengi Jr about music and design, took pictures and was just generally great. Such a tragic shame he is no longer with us.

Adam Granduciel once rushed back stage at C2 Brighton and brought beers out for the audience while they were trying to sort a technical issue out. Every interview I've seen with him since confirms he isn't an arsehole. 

KT Tungatall is lovely in every respect. 
    Wow, Scott. Frightened Rabbit. Owl John.

I still mourn his passing, absolutely TOP band. Lyrical genius of modern times.  <3

He is definitely in my top 2 modern songwriters, cried my eyes out when I heard the news of his passing. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/fuUFTRu
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited February 2019
    @Snags & @McToot are both OK. have spent several hours in car with both and no violence was contemplated.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ive met most of the chaps from Marillion and speak with their manager, via facebook from time to time.  All are incredibly generous with their time and very down to earth people

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5368
    pmbomb said:
    @Snags & @McToot are both OK. have spent several hours in car with both and no violence was contemplated.

You speak for yourself
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Met Gaz Coombes a few times thanks to a very nice chap on here. He was an absolutely gent and wasn’t at all rock star-ish
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

All three members of Rush are intelligent, highly articulate and surprisingly funny, which is great because I've loved their music for 40 years.

Of course in private they may torture kittens and push old ladies into traffic, for all I know.  But they don't mention it in interviews.

I think this is the case for Geddy and Alex, but Neil has said him self he hates being recognised and gets flustered in those types of situations. He has even gone so far as to say he can come off as rude unintentionally, but that's just his personality I guess.

They all seem like nice down to earth blokes though - this is always worth a watch:

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Snags said:
    pmbomb said:

You speak for yourself
    The above three named guitarists are all top blokes.

I've never met most of the people discussed in this thread, I suspect they are mostly human beings though, with good and bad qualities.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5368
    Well  indeed. I've only met a handful of pro musicians,  most of them not from the rock sphere, and they more or less fit a normal distribution.
  • For a long time the only people I talked to were those I worked with during the day and people who played musical instruments
  • J frusciante fan here. Alway seems like a decent guy in interviews and shtuff.

Don't actually know any famous musicians so don't really know what they are like. 

Definitely seems like there are a few divas in the business tho. 
  • Slim from the Hamsters.
    John Ottway
    What lovely people.
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Electromatic
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Michael Jackson always seemed to have a lot of time for the younger fans.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Andy Partridge and Colin Moulding of XTC were two of the nicest and funniest people I've ever met.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    Philly_Q said:

All three members of Rush are intelligent, highly articulate and surprisingly funny, which is great because I've loved their music for 40 years.

Of course in private they may torture kittens and push old ladies into traffic, for all I know.  But they don't mention it in interviews.

They do some charity work too.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7847
    I’ce met Captain Sensible a few times. Thoroughly lovely and hilarious man, and an awesome guitar player too. 

Dave Navarro was a complete tool.  Despite that, James Addiction in Birmingham, around 1989 was probably the best gig I’ve ever been too. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2398
    Nicest musos I've met have been the Steel Panther guys - especially Lexxi (he was out of character when I joined him on his smoke break before a gig at The Old Blue Last in London). Lemmy was also a decent guy - no BS and you got what you saw.

Dan and Justin Hawkins are utter, utter twats though; bumped into Justin at the back of a gig and he was complete arse. His brother isn't much better going by his responses and crowd banter at several Darkness gigs I've been to.
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    Richard Hawley’s a top bloke.
    Very down to earth and always willing to have a chat especially about guitars.
  • I’ve not met him but Jason Isbell comes across as a properly great guy. 

KT Tunstall was very nice when we met her post-gig in Abu Dhabi. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
    Me some guitarist at a comic convention once. He seemed like a nice fella but didn't want to do any photos as he was out with his son with his birthday which was fair enough. He was happy to chat a bit though. 

Whatbwa his name again? Jim Paige or something like that. 

• vizviz Frets: 10691
    edited February 2019
    TheMarlin said:

Dave Navarro was a complete tool.  Despite that, James Addiction in Birmingham, around 1989 was probably the best gig I’ve ever been too. 

@TheMarlin ;They look good!

https://m.facebook.com/JamesAddictionMKE/
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.