SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PEAVEY BLUES CLASSIC 50W (USA built ) REDUCED T0 £250only

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 16000
edited March 2019 in Amps £

PEAVEY BLUES CLASSIC 50W

Mid 90's USA built 1 x 15 in tweed tolex

Very lightly road-worn

Perfect, inexpensive gigging amp

Massive cleans, big soft, plummy base IMO far better all round amp than a Hot Rod Deluxe

Huge headroom

Takes all pedals really well - perfect platform, also great for 4 cable method modelling

Some prefer the overdrive channel which has a pre and post gain control and effective master

Collection or local London / Hertfordshire meet only

£275

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16000
    Bump for budget Bassman goodness
    For goodness sake........it's cheap enough and looks the business
    Bump Number 2 ............will reduce price to £250........massive amount of very giggable amp for the money
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    Great amps, I used to have one and it now Gigs regularly with a mate of mine and he loves it 
    Yup, incredibly underrated imo........bit large and heavy but it's a great sounding thing with tons of clean headroom
    Bump for possible pedal trades ..........ridiculous really , a very decent  2 channel amp for less than a boutique pedal
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    I share your pain, I have a Peavey Classic for sale. Nobody wants it. GLWS
    It's bizarre.....it's certainly not my favourite amp (although Darryl Higham would disagree ) but I have never played a better amp that cost under £800 ......if it was called a Bassman we would have been knocked over in the rush (and it does the same job /sounds almost identical )
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    I think (as with all gear) that brand "snobbery" is alive and kicking on the forum, and this possibly influences less experianced people from keeping an open mind, because some bloke with 50 million frets once had a bad experiance, or bought the MKI version, and we are now on MKIV. Peavey have made some great amps, but they are not popular on FB.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    £250. I so wish I needed a third amp that's too big and loud for where I live. Bargain.
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 823
    I have a classic 50 head- I like it!
  • Lot of amp for the money. I did have the Classic 30 for years and loved it. 

• leerockerleerocker Frets: 593
    crazy this amp is still for sale, tis a cracking amp,  i gig my classic 30 head and cab over my 64 bassman which i just sold as the difference wasnt massive and infact i prefer the peavey for rockabilly and hard edged rockin' its hard to beat in the price range
  • MwnciMwnci Frets: 6
    No way of getting it sent?  
    Yes,could get it sent by courier -I have no issue with packing it securely etc but it's heavy and will cost the buyer about £30