Great customer service from Westside Distrobution

boz_hboz_h Frets: 53
I recently posted that my Anthoney at TubeDistintions was having issues fixing my Mesa Express 5 50 plus.  After her tried everything he could think of (including suggestion from ICBM and uncledick many thanks) he finally had to admit defeat. I was somewhat stuck for what to do next.  So I contacted Westside Distribution (Mesa Distributors in the UK) to ask them for a recommended amp tech to have another go.  My contact at Westside was a man called Oreste Gargaro, asked me to ship the amp to them and arranged one of their amp tech to look at it.  I have just received an email confirming the amp is on its way back to me and is working.  They are even trying to get the cost covered under warranty.  Oreste has been great to deal with,  very patient and helpful so many thanks to him and Westside.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's great to hear - Mesas are expensive in the UK, glad to see Westside going out of their way for you and standing behind their product!! What was the problem? Problems with modern Mesa amps are pretty rare (or such is my understanding)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    I had dealings with Oreste at Westside back in 2004, top bloke. Sorted me out with a set of new valves, footswitch and a selection of coloured jewel light covers for an F50.
    Pleased to hear he's still there.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3141
    tFB Trader
    Oreste is a hero, ‘nuff said.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• boz_hboz_h Frets: 53
    They narrowed the problem down to one of four transistors, and replaced all of them (not sure where).  The amp is now back, and once I popped the Winged Cs back in, sounding as good as ever.  One interesting point is that don't recall it being as loud as it now is and I remember it being very loud.  I suppose I could have just forgotten, or my hearing could have recovered in the interceding months, either way the band is in for a shock on Friday.  A nice side effect is that I put aside a decent amount of money just incase the worst case scenario occurred and I had to buy a new amp. That money is freed up to be spent on something else.