• TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Very tempting 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for the heads up, Lee. ;)
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2383
    Love my Bernie, they really are cracking guitars. The bridge is pretty spot on intonation wise despite being non-adjustable, and the stock pickups aren't bad. Well worth the money, especially at this price.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    How do they compare to the SE 245? (apart from the obvious  - different tuners, control layout).

How do they compare to the SE 245? (apart from the obvious  - different tuners, control layout).
    I've never played an SE245, so can't compare directly. They're the same pickups, so from what I've read it's just the controls, tuners and a slightly fatter neck. Hopefully someone can chime in with first hand experience though.
    Tim
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    I bought one from RichTone in the Jan sales at 499, very pleased with it.
    The neck, the binding, the controls & tuners are the differences I think.  Maybe a slightly fatter body.
    The 'Limited Edition' only varies from the normal one I used to have due to its satin finish/sanded neck.  
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Bloody Andertons. I hope this deal stirs up interest and then is promptly rescinded , thus enabling me to sell my improved Bernie without being taken to the cleaners...

:s  

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

Or - why pay £549 for a brand new one when you can buy an upgraded one for less from @McToot ?
    Tim
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    As a Gibson owner, that price tag makes me feel a bit ill
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    timmypix said:
    Or - why pay £549 for a brand new one when you can buy an upgraded one for less from @McToot ?
    roberty said:
    Wis awarded to both.  

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

edited March 2019
    roberty said:
    I have a PRS SE Custom 22 - an older one with moon inlays. I'd say it was every bit as well built as my Gibson Les Paul Traditional. Okay, the PRS has a veneer on top of a proper maple cap, the Les Paul is a full maple cap. But still, it's enough to make you weep.

My PRS SE cost me £250 mint condition used.

Though to be honest I'm more surprised anyone would buy a USA PRS given how good the Korean ones are. I guess that's why they don't make the SE as blingy as it'd kill the USA built market.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2019
    roberty said:
    I have a PRS SE Custom 22 - an older one with moon inlays. I'd say it was every bit as well built as my Gibson Les Paul Traditional. Okay, the PRS has a veneer on top of a proper maple cap, the Les Paul is a full maple cap. But still, it's enough to make you weep.

Though to be honest I'm more surprised anyone would buy a USA PRS given how good the Korean ones are. I guess that's why they don't make the SE as blingy as it'd kill the USA built market.
    Lower frets on all the SEs, too, so with the cheaper price comes some limitation, depending upon your preference. 
    My Bernie is at least on a par with the LP Traditionals I recently tried to buy, in terms of fit and finish. They all had minor issues of some sort, but my Bernie and my Vela are both pretty much flawless - PRS definitely score well on QC in my opinion.
  • finest1finest1 Frets: 94
    edited March 2019
    roberty said:

plug in and play a US made one! then you will feel and hear the difference. I used to own a CE22 (which I regret selling) an CE24 20th anniversary (which I sold, neck was too small for me) and I'm left with a singlecut, its a beast! at the end of the day the SE's are still a cheaper version, made to compete with the middle market and the profit you can make building in the far east. however, PRS ethos is to make the best guitar in that price band and market. so if you are debating the best branded guitar made in Korea, it would have to be this one. Can It compare with a US made one, debatable, but I would say no. andertons did a video a few years ago comparing the SE's to their US counterparts, check it out.

https://youtu.be/BlHyU3bQwlM
    edited March 2019
    I have played a few US models. I'm not suggesting they are the same as the Korean ones.

But they certainly aren't a £2-3K difference. And that difference would be brought into very sharp contrast if they made SE models that were versions of the same models from the USA - as Epiphone does with Gibson guitars.

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    ^ this is why I personally prefer the S2 series specifically the satin models. 

Ive owned more than my fare share of core and SE models and hands down the US core models where the best however, the S2’s are so close I do wonder why anyone would buy core over S2 other than snobbery. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'm putting my money where my mouth is. Bought a 245 SE from Peach over the weekend for a sale price the same Andertons are doing the Bernie at. Went for the 245 over the Bernie because I prefer the control layout and a more modern tuner style. 

Until recently I owned a Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe 60s limited edition - which is very similar in design and style to the 245 SE I've bought. I foolishly sold this guitar so it's nice to get something very similar back again.

Hopefully tomorrow will be NGD. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I purchased an s2 custom 24 and a USA anniversary edition custom 24 at the same time to compare. Whilst i hoped the s2 would sound as good and feel as nice as the full fat 24 - it did not and i sent the s2 back. the extra price for the full fat 24 was worth it to me
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    I may or may not have ordered one. It may or may not be here tomorrow.

(I had enough loyalty points with Andertons to turn it from a bit of a tempter into a no brainer, and I've wanted something in a Paul shape for a while, so hey).
    Cool, which finish did you go for?