My bass

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    Tsm_Crow said:
    I dont think it has any holes like that no. Japanese huh thanks man 
    I think so. This one not only has a similar number (3-9 in this case) written in the pickup cavity, I think I can see the same sort of router marks in the bottoms of your one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tsm_CrowTsm_Crow Frets: 0
    So basically its worth a pack of biscuits haha
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Tsm_Crow said:
    Would you prefer custard creams or bourbons? I'd stretch to family circle if it includes the pickups :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Its got the pickups but you gotta put it togeather so ill let you have the sleeve of bourbons 
    Tsm_Crow said:
    Not at all, a MIJ body and a MIM neck will make quite a decent bass - the body is worth slightly more than the equivalent MIM one.

A MIJ 62 reissue Jazz seems to sell for up to about £600, so the body is worth around £200 on its own. The neck with tuners maybe £150, the rest of the parts probably about another £100 and the case around £50. Whether you'd get £450-£500 for it complete is another question...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

Tsm_Crow said:
    Its got the pickups but you gotta put it togeather so ill let you have the sleeve of bourbons 
    I dunno - I likes me bourbons. Mind you, I do have a spare pack in the cupboard at the mo :)

On a serious note - it probly counts as a partscaster as it's not the original neck and body combo, which is going to affect price. Those MiM necks are pretty reasonable tho, and the Jap bodies equally so. If you're determined to sell I think you have two choices - go for an 'as is' sale and expect (as stated) something like £250-£300 - or chance a sale of individual parts - body/neck/hardware/pickups etc. and see if you can scrape a little bit more. The case is worth a few quid on it's own :)
    ICBM said:
    Tsm_Crow said:
    Not at all, a MIJ body and a MIM neck will make quite a decent bass - the body is worth slightly more than the equivalent MIM one.

A MIJ 62 reissue Jazz seems to sell for up to about £600, so the body is worth around £200 on its own. The neck with tuners maybe £150, the rest of the parts probably about another £100 and the case around £50. Whether you'd get £450-£500 for it complete is another question...
    I think you are right on the money for the body.. but optimistic on the neck and parts. Agree on the case. I'd guess at £400ish for parts. 

I still think as it is it would struggle to get £300 in the current market
    Well ill try and sell it whole ( pickups included) with the case and a mxr bass d.i+ that i have lol
    Tsm_Crow said:
    Well ill try and sell it whole ( pickups included) with the case and a mxr bass d.i+ that i have lol
    Definitely don't do that - you'll end up almost giving away the pedal. At the very least sell the bass (with case) and the pedal separately.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2019
    List the Mxr separately... it’s a popular Di box and would attract a wider set of buyers

Going rate for the Di+ is £90
    Okay thanks gang. You've been so helpful. Sone kid at my work just offered me 700 for the bass and the case.
    Tsm_Crow said:
    Okay thanks gang. You've been so helpful. Sone kid at my work just offered me 700 for the bass and the case.
    I would do the proverbial hand snapping off exercise there...
    I dont know if i should feel bad
    Tsm_Crow said:
    I dont know if i should feel bad
    Do him a "special deal" for £600 seeing as you know him ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I was thinking that 
    And throw in the DI pedal :)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    Happy ending. 
    Be seeing you.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466