SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Jensen P10r 8ohm Alnico Speaker £50ppg delivered

jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
edited March 2019 in Amps £
Since I've just sold my Princeton this is no longer required. Well broken in, great chimney, chewy sound thats vintage Fender all over! Condition is very good with the exception of some chipping on the paintwork on the frame around the magnet. Some might describe this as 'light relicing' if they were so inclined.

£55 NOW £50 ppg delivered to your door.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    Price drop to fall in line/under eBay price 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bumpy!!
    Bump
    Bump!!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12335
    Hi, which princeton did you have it in, I have been considering one for my 68 custom.
    Yeah had it in the 68 - thought it suited it really well. Unfortunately this sold on eBay a couple of days ago, worth checking out if you get chance though!
    edited March 2019
    Thanks, glad you sold it (for you not me obviously : ).  In terms of improvement over the stock did you find it sounded more like the 65 princeton?  I like the added gain of the 68 but would like a slightly more american sound, plus alnico clarity on cleans.
    I tried a few - the WGS G10C was the most like a ‘65 - hard and bright with plenty of bass. The P10r has that softer alnico compression and the low end was more reigned in - it definitely had a vintage Fender vibe but perhaps not the harder blackface sound. 

All this said, the stock speaker was great especially if you planned to play cranked up - tight low end, nice highs and responsive to dynamics. Give it a chance to break in if you haven’t already!
    I've just snaffled one from Ebay, its a fairly large cabinet on the princeton, did you have to remove the chassis to swap them?
    No just one of the two back panels - was really quick (so much so I went back and forth more times than I should!)