Boss Katana 100 Help... Effects banks

What's Hot
Got a boss Katana 100 and I can switch between the tone Settings Bank A and Bank B Ch1-4 but in the manual it says there is a Bank A and B for the Effects as well.  How do you access that?
Ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited March 2019
    Sussed it...

What they've done is apply a different effect as a factory preset to each bank, So in bank A, on the green option button 1 will give you Clean boost but in bank B, on green, button 1, that effect is a Blues Driver.

You can make them the same or anything else you wish in tone studio, I know I just did it.

This is just how they've made the factory settings for the firmware update.
    You can have the exact same effects on green, amber and red in bank B as you do in Bank A if you like or anything else from the drop down list. Crucially that list doesn't change between bank A and B so whatever is in the drop down for green on Bank A is the exact same list for Green when you go to bank B.

Hope that made sense.

Make these changes in Tone Studio, it took me 3 minutes to work it out and less to change it.
  • frictionfractionfrictionfraction Frets: 402
    edited March 2019
    got It thanks 
    So can you change between banks from the panel of the amp like moving between banks A and B for the Ch1-4 or do you have to use the Tone Studio for the effects banks?
    No,

When in panel mode, you get green, amber and red for each effect and that's that.

The manual is telling you that green has a clean boost on bank A and blues driver on bank B *In channel/preset mode*.
    All they're telling you is that you can have a different effect on the green setting for each bank in preset mode, or indeed you can set it to be exactly the same.
    They've supplied it giving you different effects on the green setting for bank A and B, you can change this in tone studio to whatever you like.

Panel mode is unaffected by this, it's simply whatever you've put into green, amber and red on each effect knob and button.
    In tone studio your "panel" settings are the top of the list on the right hand side of the screen.
    Highlight that and then everything you set up in terms of allocating effects and adjusting parameters etc will be saved on your panel button on the amp.
    You can now even choose which parameter the physical knob controls, it's very good.

Sorry if I'm not explaining it clearly but I hope it helps.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    edited March 2019
    You can set all the effects choices differently for every single patch.

• Thanks for all your help.  I was over thinking it...
  • Are either of you using it live?  I’ve got the usual amp and pedals but would like to give it a go fir small gigs. I’ve got the gafc but haven’t set it up yet, just think about how to boost a bit for solos,,, probs boost in effects loop... any experience?
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31582
    I used an expression pedal in conjunction with the floor controller as a master volume/boost when I gigged my Katana, it worked very well. 
    Are either of you using it live?  I’ve got the usual amp and pedals but would like to give it a go fir small gigs. I’ve got the gafc but haven’t set it up yet, just think about how to boost a bit for solos,,, probs boost in effects loop... any experience?
    Not used it live like this yet but it seems to work fine as a set up. I tend to use ours with pedals in front and in the loop physically and then my effects patches are more about additional effects than the main structure of the patch/sound.

I've had a look into TS and you can't use an external foot switch to engage the parametric EQ which is included on TS but not on the top panel physical controls.

What you can do in TS is click "Chain" and have 3 different effect chains stored where you can drag/drop things in any order you want. Each "Chain" can be applied as the structure for each patch so you have the same functions as before you can alter where the booster sits and save 3 of these chain profiles, so you could use the clean boost anywhere you wanted and have two other options for chain order. Each time you save a patch it's based on whichever of these 3 chain order profiles you've selected.

I don't have the GA-FC yet and I might be adding a Helix FX later this year which will negate that to a point due to midi control over patches on the KTN 100H.

I've used a KTN100 combo at Sasquatch studios which had the GA-FC connected, playing along to backing tracks and it was very good to use. I love it's extra connectivity options too.

It's not the JCM800 I really want but the Katana 100H is a great amp in it's own right and very flexible.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1259
    Are either of you using it live?  I’ve got the usual amp and pedals but would like to give it a go fir small gigs. I’ve got the gafc but haven’t set it up yet, just think about how to boost a bit for solos,,, probs boost in effects loop... any experience?
    You can just put a jumper cable in the effects loop, set the send/return levels for the desired amount of boost (there’s a fair bit available) and then get your boost by toggling the effects loop. Alternatively an expression pedal with a preset minimum setting and tip it right back for rhythm level and push it forward for boost.

I’ve done both and either works pretty well but the expression pedal method is a bit more versatile as it’s not a fixed boost.
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGee said:
    You can just put a jumper cable in the effects loop, set the send/return levels for the desired amount of boost (there’s a fair bit available) and then get your boost by toggling the effects loop. Alternatively an expression pedal with a preset minimum setting and tip it right back for rhythm level and push it forward for boost.

I’ve done both and either works pretty well but the expression pedal method is a bit more versatile as it’s not a fixed boost.
    I’ve got an EWS Subtle volume which I’ll try.