Guns n Roses content

What's Hot
supessupes Frets: 181
For the first time in years I think it actually looks like we may get some new material from Axl, Slash and Duff. There’s a long way to go yet and a lot of people are probably past caring, but i honestly can’t wait to see if it actually happens! 

While I’m waiting I’ve been listening to the early demos in the deluxe Appetite re-issue. Great to hear which guitar bits made it to the album. 

They’re just one of those bands where splitting up was the right thing to do and getting back together years later wasn’t a disappointment at all! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24175
    Is Izzy involved?

Won't be the same without him. 
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    I don't believe Izzy is involved. If Guns And Roses are to become a hodgepodge of original members and "new" ones I definitely would've loved Ron Thal to stay. Anyway, I'm also looking forward to their new album. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24175
    I've just gone looking for info - according to Wiki Izzy is not involved because although he was asked the others didn't want to share the money equally.

Considering he was the main writer for AfD that seems a bit harsh.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4158
    I've just gone looking for info - according to Wiki Izzy is not involved because although he was asked the others didn't want to share the money equally.

Considering he was the main writer for AfD that seems a bit harsh.
    Unfortunate really, I reckon the interplay between Adler, McKagan and Stradlin was what gave Appetite that unique swing.  Funny thing to say about a hard rock album with an edge as nasty as that one, but there really was a groove to it.
  • supessupes Frets: 181
    Don’t really know what to make of Izzy being/not being involved. I’ve read that he joined them for soundcheck on the tour but decided it wasnt for him and didnt hang around. Not sure it was cash related otherwise you’d think he just wouldnt show up. 
    It will definitely be a different album without him but i’m hoping that just because he won’t tour doesn’t mean he won’t record.