Paternity leave question

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12312
edited March 2019 in Off Topic
Mate at work had a one night stand with a girl he'd known for ages and hasn't seen her for nine months, yes the expected outcome has happened and now he's a dad, she phoned him on the day of the birth and he went to the hospital, obviously big shock for him and its raised a few odd questioning eyebrows. They are on good terms and hes been spending time there helping out. Is he entitled to his 2 weeks paternity leave? His name is on the certificate (or will be).
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Before anything else...

DNA test.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890

See below.  I wonder if point 3 might be a problem.

To qualify for paternity leave, you need to:

• have had the same employer for at least 26 weeks by the end of the 15th week before the due date, or by the time you’re matched with a child for adoption
    • be the biological father of the child, or be the partner of the baby's mother - you don’t have to be married
    • be responsible for the child's upbringing and wish to take time off to care for the child or support the mother
    • have given your employer the correct notice to take paternity leave

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2438
    You can't take it last minute like that as far as I know, your employer has to be informed before 25 weeks
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited March 2019
    DNA test. Before his name goes down on the certificate.

Bye!

• I stopped reading at  " ....and he went...."
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12351
    Mate at work had a one night stand with a girl he'd known for ages and hasn't seen her for nine months, yes the expected outcome has happened and now he's a dad, she phoned him on the day of the birth and he went to the hospital, obviously big shock for him and its raised a few odd questioning eyebrows. They are on good terms and hes been spending time there helping out. Is he entitled to his 2 weeks paternity leave? His name is on the certificate (or will be).
    Course its your "mate" : )
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    Just because the reality has hit her doesn't mean he has to suddenly sink his hand into his pocket. Clearly she's had access to his phone number for 9 months and done nothing about it! I'm not saying it can't be happy ever after, but I would have questions, lots of questions!
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12312
    Agreed and they were my thoughts too. I don’t feel I can put that to him though as his brother committed suicide a month ago and he’s seeing this as some kind of sign the poor guy.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"