Jet City Jettenuator

What's Hot
wave100wave100 Frets: 150
Anyone using one? My application would be for silent recording using an Orange Dual Terror (rather than reducing volume live) so was wondering how successful the results would be. I already have a Zoom G3X, a Sansamp Classic and Guitar Rig on the PC, so would the results be an improvement on these? I would probably use cabinet impulse responses rather than the simulated out on the unit itself.

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MonstronautMonstronaut Frets: 193
    I've got one, this video was done with the line out and a cabinet added in reaper. 

It's a good attenuator but has a couple of drawbacks. If you have an amp less than 50w I wouldn't recommend it as it knocks of 3db before the dial so even with the least amount of attenuation your amp is at half volume.
    It doesn't like more than 100w either, my 100w plexi must put out about 130w and it gets super hot.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got one, this video was done with the line out and a cabinet added in reaper. 

It's a good attenuator but has a couple of drawbacks. If you have an amp less than 50w I wouldn't recommend it as it knocks of 3db before the dial so even with the least amount of attenuation your amp is at half volume.
    It doesn't like more than 100w either, my 100w plexi must put out about 130w and it gets super hot.
    Good GOD the tone.
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    Yep that sounds pretty good... Think I'll give it a try if I can find anywhere with one in stock.....
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31585
    Looks like Jet City themselves are out of stock - http://www.jetcityamplificationstore.co.uk/product/jettenuator/ ; - that's where I got mine. It's a good-sounding unit with my Princeton, but it's true, the instant loss of 3dB turns it into a practice amp really.

For your intended use it should be fine.
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    Not wishing to derail the thread.

The vid sounds great, but how do you record it in reaper and then sync it back to the video?
  • MonstronautMonstronaut Frets: 193
    Bounce the audio to 2 track then line them up in imovie.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    just looked them up and £110 is a pretty good price compared to other attenuators.

Did make me laugh that they point out that's it's hand wired. I'm sure that makes all the difference lol