Music Room Online Tabs etc.

What's Hot
andypandyp Frets: 332
Hi folks.

Does anyone on here use Music Room? I have bought a few tab sheets online from them and have found it a great way to get single songs to work on as they are more detailed than my lesson sheets from my tutor and it means I can just by one or two for a couple of quid each when I want to. They did an update to the website recently though and since then I can't see my previous orders, my wish list and worst of all, I can't find any electronic tabs anymore - only full hard copy books... I can't even find tabs I know I bought a week or so ago.

Has anyone else had this issue, or have they stopped selling online tabs now? Is there another site I can use to buy and print out official tabs? Or do I just have to cut stuff out of Ultimate Guitar?

I'm going to drop them an email and ask, but I thought I'd post here and see what people here have found.

Cheers,

Andy
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    I mainly use Musicnotes, as, first of all, I found the print quality better. Also, I now pay an annual subscription, which gives discount on the cost of individual scores, and allows you to download a pdf - I use Forscore as well, and can directly download the Musicnotes scores into Forscore.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Thanks! I'm away to check them out. :)

I have to say, there's something a bit awkward about the Music Room site and since the update it's bloody awful.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    The main switchboard for musicroom is 01284 725725 but it's been many years since I worked for the group so I can't offer much more help than that. They have a small london office too, but all the work seems to be out of town these days.
    Ok, thanks. I've dropped them an email, but to be honest I'm liking the look of Musicnotes already.

I just got a reply from Music Room.

Some stuff isn’t working on the new website (order history, wish list and digital tabs - which answers my questions). They should be sorted within a few weeks they say.

I really like Musicnotes having had a look on there today so that’s where I’ll be buying tabs from now on. Thanks for the recommendation @ArchtopDave !
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    I fear it's both useful and another form of GAS :)  - I'm a bit addicted to TrueFire as well (there are just so many good people who are willing to impart their knowledge).