Studio furniture GAS!!

rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440
edited March 2019 in Off Topic
Planning my new studio. I'm fully immersed in the world of preamps, compressors, eq's and such and I forgot how expensive it all is. 

I've also been planning the layout and looking at building the desk and units to house all the gear. Looking at wood for the build I stumbled across these guys..

https://chunkystudiofurniture.co.uk/

Needless to say, waiting on a quote for some bespoke stuff now. Oh my it's beautiful. 

https://i.imgur.com/BgBoOpp.jpg

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Ahh .. I've been gassing for a new desk for a while .... love those ... I am tempted.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440
    Fretwired said:
    Ahh .. I've been gassing for a new desk for a while .... love those ... I am tempted.
    Having looked at the cost of solid wood worktops and the like, plus the time to make it, these are really not that expensive. I've been looking at the ZAOR stuff as well. Thats silly money. 

Fretwired said:
    Having looked at the cost of solid wood worktops and the like, plus the time to make it, these are really not that expensive. I've been looking at the ZAOR stuff as well. Thats silly money. 
    My woodworking skills are zero so building anything is just a non-starter. I have trouble putting up a shelf. I also hate the anodyne Ikea look or the arty expensive garbage in John Lewis.

I got an ageing hippy in Somerset to make me a round dining room table - tis a unique thing of beauty made by hand. Had some chairs made as well so I'm quite into this handmade rustic wood business.

I shall fire off an enquiry.

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440
    Tell him I sent ya. I might get a discount. ;-)

Tell him I sent ya. I might get a discount. ;-)

Will do .. we could buy a job lot ...