Pedal turnaround

What's Hot
iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1576
Sold my DLS on here on the 20th ....realised what a terrible mistake I made.......bought another on here today .......

Anyone been quicker than that?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Amateur.

Some have bought a replacement before the old one has left their ownership.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9712
    I accidentally sold an EHX Germanium Muff twice on the same day (on Ebay and Gumtree), so had to order another one to send to the ebay buyer. This then encountered delays with stock etc so the ebay seller was very understanding and just asked for the refund. When this one did eventually turn up, I kept it as I regretted selling. So I am indeed in the camp that mike_l refers to...gotta love the way the mind works (or rather doesn't in these cases)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I normally last about a week. So far this year, I've gone through 6 Aqua Puss's. I'm a halfwit.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    6!! The only pedal that I missed enough to get another was a Boss BD-2. But I then got the chance to get a Keeley BD-2, so I look a lot less silly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1576
    edited April 2014
    I knew you guys would put my fukwittery into perspective. Thanks :-)
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    Branshen said:
    6!! The only pedal that I missed enough to get another was a Boss BD-2. But I then got the chance to get a Keeley BD-2, so I look a lot less silly.

plus, you earned yourself a wisdom.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Ive sold pedals ive never even played! Sometimes twice after buying it again!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Yep, definitely sold/ traded stuff that I haven't even played. The only pedal that has literally never been off my board since I got it is my timeline
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Bought and sold
    • two metal zones (i was young)
    • three big muffs (smashing pumpkins)
    • two electro harmonix hot tubes
    • Three orignal Q trons (still want one now)
    • Three Tubescreamers (the best one got away)
    • Sold my wampler ecstasy pedal and bought it back off the guy I sold it to.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    It's so easily done. I know my Aqua Puss scenario sounds stupid, but humour me...
    I started with a DD3 and an AP (1). I used the AP for slapback the DD3 for longer delays. Thought I could cover both with the DD3 so sold the AP. Missed the analogue feel so bought another (2). Decided I liked the darker sounds, but could do with tap, so sold the DD3 and AP and bought an RE20. RE20 was ace, but I didn't like the slap, so bought another AP (3). Started using another AP (4). Two AP's made me feel stupid, though. Sold both when I got an El Cap (could do it all, right?). Grew to hate the El Cap and was skint, so sold it for monies and got another AP (5). Got a Skreddy Echo, sold the AP. Got another Skreddy Echo, and again felt vulgar. Have just sold both and bought another AP last week. Six. Halfwit.

It really is the nuts for slapback, though.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    As I pack up my third EHX Small Stone Nano to post off to its new owner, I was a little temped to order another one as I'm missing it!

This is the only pedal I've had a "problem" with and keep repeating myself. The sound is 95% there and sounds lovely and goopy, but a tiny volume drop, loss of base tone when engaged, and I swear it always makes my board sound shitter despite being true bypass, just p's me off in the end.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited April 2014
    I'm pretty good on turnaround except with modulation effects.

In the space of one month I went through a tremolo, phaser and 2 Flangers.

I buy then get GAS guilt 
    :))

• gambitgambit Frets: 5
    i find myself buying Boss DD-5's every 12 months.. just to be sure.. i think i've had about 5 of them.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I got an Okko Diablo Plus today and it's in the classifieds already.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Gagaryn said:
    I got an Okko Diablo Plus today and it's in the classifieds already.
    Ever thought of being a salesman?