Komplete Audio 6 problems

Had it a few years now, and I like it, but looks like the USB socket is knackered on it. Has gone very slack, and worse keep getting pops and clicks in audio playback and recording, which I think is due to the socket wobbling.

Anyone had similar problems?

Looks like a new interface is on the cards. Hmm

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    Not that it helps, but the USB on mine has been fine... Are you sure the pops and clicks are the USB - it doesn't sound like the USB would cause that.. but then I have no idea :) pops and clicks for me have always been issues with latency/drivers/laptops and their damn power settings.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264

cheers. You know, it could be a bit of both/ The socket is so loose that if I move the guitar lead and it moves the interface a bit, the USB cable falls out, or moves a tiny bit so it disengages!

Tbh, my system is in dire need of a strip down and clear out. Its bunged up with software, and the SS drive is almost full, so that won't help.

I just can't face the job !!

• wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    Might be worth trying a different USB cable - I got some off ebay which seem to be a considerably tighter fit than the old ones I was using.
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    Also worth powering off and doing a USB clear out with a wooden stick used for cleaning nails, just to see if that helps.

thanks, I will have a go at cleaning the socket. I think though it could be knacked. Had a similar issue with a keyboard - the centre piece in the male usb socket on the back of the keyboard just fell out, rendering the socket done in.

cheers

• blobbblobb Frets: 2939
    When I first got mine (years ago) I found that it was fussy re: USB cables, tried a few different ones and have stuck with the most reliable one since. No more issues after that. It was more to do with recognising the device in Windows, rather than pop's / clicks / falling out. So it could have been Microsoft related, which is unusual as Windows is notoriously solid when it comes to it's USB implementation.......not.

I've recently started to get some switch noise on the headphone socket, clears up with a few pushes of the selector. That's my only real issue after quite a lot of hard use.

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'

I've had a good look at it today. It seems that the grip on the USB socket is poor - no matter what cable I use, when plugged in, its very wobbly, easily rocks from side to side.