boss me 25 sonar le problem.

racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 996
have just installed sonar le (that came with boss pedal) along with a windows 8.1 me 25 driver from roland site (didn't come with that on dvd rom).

when i try and record (just to test it works) nothing happens at all (no sound/no volume change e.t.c on screen).

i have chosen the boss me 25 option for the input and pc speaker for output e.t.c.

am using the usb cable to connect pedal and laptop.

any ideas as am completely lost with this program (seriously don't have the foggiest about what anything does on it :-(

thanks    
i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlanPAlanP Frets: 54
    It's been quite a while since I last fiddled with Sonar, and I *do* recall that it was a bit of a faff getting the I/O set up correctly (it is well worth persevering though).

One thing I do remember is that the audio card (that I used) had it's own graphical setup utility, and you had to have that configured correctly (I seem to remember it had options to be an ASIO driver, or some other kind of driver), and that had to match with how Sonar expected to get the audio...

It is probably worth doing a bit of Googling too - I can't imagine you are the only one with that particular setup...

Hope that helps (encourages...)
    Alan
  • FazerFazer Frets: 467
    its always tough to work out the quirks of new programs, and times that by 1000 if you've not used a DAW before

i would say check youtube for sonar tutorials

also with the audio channel input check the input dropdown and make sure that you are selecting the boss
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    Are you selecting those options in the Windows control panel or from within Sonar itself? You need to select the ME25 ASIO driver from within Sonar - as far as I am aware you would then need to use the ME25 for output as well as input ie plug headphones or speakers into the ME25 to hear what is going on. There will also be a "monitor" button on the Sonar audio track which would need to be enabled before you would hear anything. As an experiment, can you select the Me25 for both input and output in the Windows control panel, then play an mp3 and see if you can hear anything coming from the ME25? If that works it would indicate that the problem is within Sonar and not Windows itself (probably!)
  • PauloPaulo Frets: 65
    I have never managed to record and monitor my boss gt 10 via USB without the unit in effect becoming the sound card. In other words I either have to put headphones or speakers into the gt 10 in order to hear anything. I have used sonar for many years and could see no way of fixing this. I have installed third party Asio drivers and "Asio for ir all" to no avail. I gave up in the end
  • is your laptop running Windows 8.1?
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • yes (and have downloaded the win 8.1 driver from roland site).

thanks for the replies btw,will try them out and see if they solve the issue (but being new to all this stuff,it is bloody complex 
    :\">
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4985
    edited April 2014
    yes (and have downloaded the win 8.1 driver from roland site).

thanks for the replies btw,will try them out and see if they solve the issue (but being new to all this stuff,it is bloody complex 
    :\">
    It can be a steep learning curve even to get the stuff to work in the first place, but once you do the benefits to your playing and most of all composing can be huge. Do you know anyone local who could help out with  the tech side of things? My brother was a big help getting me started as he'd sussed it all out way before me.

I'd been playing for about 20 years before I got into recording and had written half a tune. In the last 5 years or so since I got a DAW and started recording I'm up to about 150-ish!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...