Mark Agnesi leaving Norms

What's Hot

Comments

• Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I like Mark's playing and he seems like a great bloke but at the end of the day, like Danish Pete, the blokes trying to sell me guitars.  Not sure why people are reacting on the YouTube like he's their golf buddy or something.  

Hope he continues to put videos of him playing on YouTube, not particularly bothered about the Mark Agnesi show though.  Just not something that I personally enjoyed, maybe if he had another anchorman like Tim & Pete's guitar show then it may have been received better.  Not sure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    It’s nice to see that he is genuinely liked by the guitar community. He’s the face of a massive YouTube channel regardless of who’s name is above the door. Mark really has been Norms Rares Guitars while he’s been there. It’ll be interesting to see where he does end up. I wouldn’t believe everything you read online either... after all, Joe Bonamassa was apparently meant to be taking over Gibson last year. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    I’m sure that Norm has more than one guy that can do the job. I’ve always enjoyed Mark and Jens guitar of the day videos but I’m not too keen on Marks own YouTube channel. I don’t know if Norm is running out of nice older guitars, there’s been quite a few pretty uninteresting 70s guitars of the day just recently .
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
    He's going to work for Chapman Guitars :-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Arktik83 said:
    I like Mark's playing and he seems like a great bloke but at the end of the day, like Danish Pete, the blokes trying to sell me guitars.  Not sure why people are reacting on the YouTube like he's their golf buddy or something.  

Hope he continues to put videos of him playing on YouTube, not particularly bothered about the Mark Agnesi show though.  Just not something that I personally enjoyed, maybe if he had another anchorman like Tim & Pete's guitar show then it may have been received better.  Not sure.
    I’ve never watched GOTD thinking “this sonofabitch is trying to flog me a £20,000 blackguard.... BOYCOTT!”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10205
    edited March 2019
    Strat54 said:
    Love the outpouring of grief on Youtube for his departure, its like he's never going to be seen again. If Danish Pete leaves Anderton's we better warn the Samaritans cos I'm not sure how the millenials will cope. 
    Norms wil survive, and being in L.A there will always be another 'star' 
    Millennials? I think you’ve got the wrong generation there mate. We aren’t the ones selling out Rifts after he plays them and buying hundreds of cut price Gibsons.
    tFB Trader

He's going to work for Chapman Guitars :-)
    Don’t even jest about such a thing!
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    "All EQs at noon and just a little bit of reverb"
    To be honest. I might have invent d that chachphrase.
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    lonestar said:
    Arktik83 said:

I’ve never watched GOTD thinking “this sonofabitch is trying to flog me a £20,000 blackguard.... BOYCOTT!”
    Not sure where you got the idea in my post that I am insinuating he's a "sonofabitch" and I didn't say Boycott GOTD...I'm just saying that if I walked past him in the street and said: "Hey, I watched your YouTube videos on Norman's rare guitars" I wouldn't expect him anything other than a "thanks for watching"...but I get the impression a lot of people think he's their mate or something when he isn't, his goal is to showcase a great guitar using his superb guitar playing in order to entice the watcher to contact Norm's with regards to buying said guitar. 

He's a salesman doing his job, they even said in the video that they want someone whose good at YouTube and social media so if you think he's doing GOTD for the benefit of his wellbeing then you're naieve.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Arktik83 said:
    lonestar said:
    Arktik83 said:

Not sure where you got the idea in my post that I am insinuating he's a "sonofabitch" and I didn't say Boycott GOTD...I'm just saying that if I walked past him in the street and said: "Hey, I watched your YouTube videos on Norman's rare guitars" I wouldn't expect him anything other than a "thanks for watching"...but I get the impression a lot of people think he's their mate or something when he isn't, his goal is to showcase a great guitar using his superb guitar playing in order to entice the watcher to contact Norm's with regards to buying said guitar. 

He's a salesman doing his job, they even said in the video that they want someone whose good at YouTube and social media so if you think he's doing GOTD for the benefit of his wellbeing then you're naieve.
    You know... I was joking. 

But seeing as you mention it, the comments on YouTube reflect how nice a guy he is. And no matter how nice he is it won’t change the fact that GOTD features gear that falls outside the budget of most players out there.

A YouTube salesman he may be but you’ll find that the vast proportion of people watching aren’t doing so to see him showcase a guitar he or she might buy. They’re watching because he’s showing an interesting guitar and he’s entertaining. 
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2523
    edited March 2019
    So who will be the new face of GoTD? Sorry if the answer is in the link not watched it yet 

EDIT:- Lemmo? hope it's him ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My monies on him going to Gibson. Sounds like its a family move so relocating to their HQ? It's a good business move if it is true, He could be pretty much representing their brand through social media. We've seen a lot on youtube of their team visiting guitar dealers and posting videos but the new Cesar guy is a bit woody in front of the camera.  With a company focusing on a back to their roots mentality and wanting to boost its social media online presence who would be a good person to hire with plenty of vintage guitar knowledge, sales knowledge and a great person in front of the camera? Also the timing just after NAMM is pretty handy. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Arktik83 said:
    lonestar said:
    Arktik83 said:

I don’t think anyone thinks they’re mates with him... maybe a few crazy weird people but generally they’re just saying they get enjoyment from his videos and wish him well. 
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1590
    I like his videos and his playing, it's just a shame that the amp always sounds pants!  Whatever camera they're using does a really poor job and there's always a phasing thing going on as she moves around.  Bit of a let down after the build up of him showing off and describing the guitar and then "let's go and check it out".  Plenty of other YouTube guitar demo's have the amp properly mic'd and cut from the vocal to amp mic at the appropriate moment. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • francerfrancer Frets: 369
    I’ve often wondered, what does all eqs at noon mean on a Fender amp?

I’ve tried to tell from his videos but I just can’t read what the settings are (so that’s an afternoon I’ll never get back).
  • TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    francer said:

I’ve tried to tell from his videos but I just can’t read what the settings are (so that’s an afternoon I’ll never get back).
    And just a touch of reverb.
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    francer said:

Straight up. 
  • good luck to him.   i enjoyed his many Open G junior GoTH
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    bbill335 said:
    JD50 said:
    Youtube comments point toward a job at Gibson...
    He’s got the right taste in clothes. That ugly leather he always wears... yuck. Everyone at Gibson always dresses like a middle aged dad at an open mic. 

I like his leather jacket and I'm 42!
    Nothing against the guy personally but every time I see him playing a $100,000 guitar with that damn jacket zip rubbing against the back of the body I'm thinking 'take the fucking jacket off!'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    I would imagine he's going to Gibson to do something with artist relations / Product development. 
    He seem's to get what people want and is well respected amongst the serious players.

I don't get the comments having a dig at his current role, General Manager of the most famous guitar shop in LA... Sounds pretty good to me and having a look at his gaff  and guitars on the You Tube channel he's not starving is he.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom