A message for all rude workers in Guitar shops

What's Hot
At a guitar emporium in Camden today.  Just browsing.  Overheard snidey remarks as I trialled a guitar.

Walked up to them and said sorry i know they have a shit job and get shit pay but thats the way life is.

I'd like to add FUCK OFF
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24267
    27reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What sort of snidey remarks?
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Were you playing ‘Stairway...’ again?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    Were you playing ‘Stairway...’ again?
    yes but still........
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    What sort of snidey remarks?
    The usual it sounds better if you ....the amp is.....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Harder than 2 losers going nowhere slowly for definite 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Are you drunk?
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3023
    edited March 2019
    Guitar Guitar perchance? As it happens I was there on Monday.  Tried a couple of guitars, staff were helpful, though not that talkative, set me up and let me get on with it. I did keep the volume pretty low though, so perhaps they were spared from hearing my playing.They’ve got some good stuff there. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Had a pretty rubbish staff experience inthe Camden guitar guitar before. Just rude staff. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13940
    edited March 2019
    I'm not sure all rude guitar shop workers are going to read your rant on here.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • As a customer, I'm rarely a ray of sunshine either. 

So maybe I've never noticed over the years, cos I've simply cancelled any friction out.

Who knows, and to be frank, who fookin cares....
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2525
    Funny you should say that i walked into Don Strikes the other day with my son and the rude old b#stard didn't even acknowledge us! I even had to say "Hi", to get a rumble out of him...

Shame, as I heard good things about his shop. Not sure why though as there wasn't a single guitar within arms reach (they were either hung up high or behind the fence in window!) and most of it was dross - maybe one of the those shops that you have to catch at the right time.

Anyway...the answer is to vote with your feet and we won't be going back - well, not in his lifetime ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I'm not surprised, you were making an ungodly racket.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16091
    On the other hand............
    Whilst I appreciate good service there's nothing as annoying as a very pushy sales assistant up your arse with a "suits you Sir" type comment in a clothes shop .......you've only got to stop for a 2 second glance at something and they're on you like a Tramp on chips.
     The minute you walk through the door ..." Hello sir , what exactly are you looking for , have you seen our Winter Knitwear collection which is now 25% reduced , Are you having a good day today ? Oh, and don't forget we are doing 3 shirts for £85 as part of our Spring promotion ,but not the ones on the Left hand rail.........they're New Season stock.........Are you sure there's nothing I can help you with ? What size are you ?"
     I hate all that shtick ;so I say ...
     " Oh nothing really , my wife is shopping over there in River Island but it's cold outside so I thought I'd come in to the warm "
      They are usually really polite and just say "sure"........that way I can look around in peace.
     If I get  jumped on in a guitar shop I feign naiivety (even tho' I can't spell it ) and ask in a Louis Theroux type innocence if they have any guitars "that are good for Serbo -Croat Folk Music or Armenian Square Dance "
     They Fuck off bemused and I carry on browsing undisturbed .........the one decent thing I can play is a bit of Jerry Reid (you know, like a kid's party -piece) so I always amuse myself 20 minutes later by presenting them with an expensive PRS or Gretsch .....get them to set it up with an amp as they hover nervously ,rip into a bit of Jerry's Breakdown /The Claw medley then curl my lip ,hand back the guitar and blithely say to the open mouthed twats "  I don't think so ....it will overpower the Balalaika or the Domba .......very important in Armenian Music you know "
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited March 2019
    I have have literally never had any bad experiences in a guitar shop they are pretty much always friendly and wanting to help,  I have a feeling it's more about how you come across  and judging by some of the awful "holier than thou, I know better than any one" behaviour on here, it's probably the case
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    Don't write forum posts complaining about staff in shops.

Write the same woes to the management of the shop.

The former does nothing except venting; the latter you get to vent with a possibility of getting a apology, action from management, a token gesture or even in a serious event, the relevant staff terminated when warranted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    edited March 2019
    I asked to try out a guitar in a famous "independant" guitar shop a while ago. The "assistant" took it down, plugged it in, tuned it and then played it for about 5 minutes. I asked him "Are you buying it or am I?". He got really huffy and said "Just checking it all works". 

Happened again in the same shop a few weeks later, this time with a different "assistant". I just turned around and walked out. 

If it ever happens again, I'm going to say, "I don't want it, it sounds shit", and then walk out. 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16091
    Actually I would have just asked "How much is it now that it's secondhand ? "
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Do we know what the snide comments were yet? 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    Makes a change from apathy which is all I every get in PMT portsmouth if I go there.