Wet/Dry splitting question? Lehle P Split or Suhr Iso

BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
If I've understood this right, there's a couple of ways to do this...I'm just trying to work out whether I'm better of with a Lehle P Split or a Suhr Iso Line out?
With the Lehle, I'm assuming I split the signal after my "front end" effects ie. dirt and compression to feed all of those to the input of the dry amp and all "wet" pedals going intto the input (or effects return )of the wet amp.

With the Suhr, I'd take a feed from the speaker out of "dry" amp and go through the "wet" effects to the effects return of the wet amp. That way, I'd get the tone of the dry amp's preamp being amplified by the wet amp?

If I've got the above right, the Suhr would give me the full tone of the dry amp but the Lehle wouldn't? Is that right or am I missing something?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1377
    Check out my thread in FX but I have the P split and you are correct. But you have a further option: splitting pre or post your pre amp by using the fx loop.

Option 1 is to split after compreeors and and dirt into dry amp and then wet fx. Or dry fx into pre amp. Fed send to splitter, iso out to dry and then second to wet fx and return to power section. I went the latter and it sounds epic
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom