Mott The Hoople gear auction

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Was going to go until last Friday for the eggles when gearbox went in the van! 
    The only Eggle worth consideration is the Berlin Stage. The others are Tiggles and not worth the drive IMO!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    DrBob said:
    Hang on a minute, @miserneil isn’t that yours ?
    Used to be, sold to a fellow forum member who is the current vendor for the auction.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    miserneil said:
    GuyR said:
    Got to be honest, my reaction to the Peter Watts guitars was "he should have saved all his money to buy one nice guitar instead of 50 pieces of shit"
    Agreed, but If my memory serves me correctly, didn't he sell a 54 hard tail Strat for £40+k at auction a few years back. I guess this is the contents of his garage/shed/loft. It is a pretty motley selection. 
    All the ‘good’ stuff, his White (now pink) Thunderbird, the famous Swallow Bass and the ‘54 Strat were either bequeathed after Pete died or sold at Bonhams last year.

Most of the GH lots are essentially the stuff that Pete had bought at boot sales or flea markets as stock for his second hand/antique/retro/weird and wonderful shop, The Dinosaw Market. I have great memories of seeing him in the local Hereford music shop Head, Hands & Feet with his latest boot sale find, getting it fixed up to be playable and saleable. 
    Ah that now makes sense.. I took a look and wondered why anyone would collect such a pile of rubbish!

Only @HarrySeven can answer that question.
     :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8028
    Only @HarrySeven can answer that question.
     :) 
    True.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    Overend's silvered white boots are the only thing I remember lusting over really... ariel's whilte Strat maybe but then could be any white Strat

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Overend's silvered white boots are the only thing I remember lusting over really. 

Can’t say I ever really ‘got’ or liked MtH, TBH...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4997
    miserneil said:
    DrBob said:
    Used to be, sold to a fellow forum member who is the current vendor for the auction.
    That’s me. With its 7.25” radius and thin frets I wouldn’t have played it regularly without having a refret and rewire done. I didn’t want to change it from how Mick had it, and it seemed a waste to have it just hanging on the wall, so I decided to try it in the auction.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Parker said:
    Was going to go until last Friday for the eggles when gearbox went in the van! 
    The only Eggle worth consideration is the Berlin Stage. The others are Tiggles and not worth the drive IMO!
    That was the one I wanted to take the weight off my Berlin pro, but van comes first, if someone from here buys it and wants to move it on in 6 months give me a shout!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    miserneil said:
    DrBob said:
    That’s me. With its 7.25” radius and thin frets I wouldn’t have played it regularly without having a refret and rewire done. I didn’t want to change it from how Mick had it, and it seemed a waste to have it just hanging on the wall, so I decided to try it in the auction.
    More like opportunity knocks?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7005
    tFB Trader
    I do want that Hagstrom though, like the one Bryan Ferry holds inside "For Your Pleasure"
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30858
    I can only assume 'Mott the Hoople' is a euphemism for "Cash Convertors' in this instance.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14163
    tFB Trader
    Looks like all the young dudes have been along to bid - most items sold
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2361
    Horrific fees from GH especially if you use the Sales-Room live web bidding. Forget it. The only guitar I fancied didn't get a bid because its opening price was already too high. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14163
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    Horrific fees from GH especially if you use the Sales-Room live web bidding. Forget it. The only guitar I fancied didn't get a bid because its opening price was already too high. 
    which was that  - assuming you don't mind me asking
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4997
    Strat54 said:
    which was that  - assuming you don't mind me asking
    Perhaps the ex-John Entwistle TV Special?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    I do want that Hagstrom though, like the one Bryan Ferry holds inside "For Your Pleasure"
    and as used by Franz Ferdinand...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>