A Strings (shop) on X Ray tonight, BBC Wales

What's Hot
NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
If anybody shops in the above guitar store (and why wouldn’t you?) they’ll be on the telly box tonight discussing the sudden deactivation of their Facebook account. Even if you don’t shop there, should be worth a watch. If you can’t get BBC Wales, it’s likely in the regional section of the Sky TV Guide. Believe it’s usually on at 7.30 or 8.30.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9583
    I thought I hadn't seen any updates from them for a while! Seems like a great little shop, I keep thinking I should go there and buy something but my plans get scuppered by the fact there's two decent shops within walking distance for me.
  • Been a couple of times, good store. Just watched their video on the matter which is on twitter. Strange behaviour by facebook. Hopefully Lucy Owen can get some answers.

https://twitter.com/astringsuk

• baldybaldy Frets: 195
    Got my Charvel from there. Best shop in the area IMHO.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 6987
    I get my Optima Gold strings from them, they’re one of the few places in the country that do them.  Bad show that Facebook have shut their account down, and without a word of explanation.
  • I bought a T Rex Fuel Tank Junior many years ago from there, originally the item was out of stock and normally they'd have to get it shipped from their supplier to their shop and then out again to me. But Andrew (who was dealing with my order) kindly arranged for it to be shipped directly from the supplier to me (probably as I said I had a gig on the weekend and it was a Thursday/Friday if I remember) and it duly arrived on that Saturday morning!

Also whenever I've ordered picks they've chucked in a few extra ones (maybe by mistake, perhaps) but a nice touch from them to sort me out.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Cols said:
    I get my Optima Gold strings from them, they’re one of the few places in the country that do them.  Bad show that Facebook have shut their account down, and without a word of explanation.
    I ordered a pack of strings from them but I was really disappointed - it didn’t have any E strings, nor a D or a G or even a B. And when I complained they just said the clue was in the name. Shocking.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wtf facebook, no proper explanation given. Something to do with 3rd part sales?? Such an unaccountable organisation hiding behind protocols and no human contact. What next for A strings?

Shocking conservatory! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JustMeJustMe Frets: 16
    Facebook's behaviour is ridiculous.
    Andrew has been trying to get answers and Facebook haven't even responded.
    He's a great guy and I really hope he at least gets some answers.
    I told him to start a new page if he couldn't get his answers.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31501
    I thought I hadn't seen anything from them for a while.

It's a good shop, I took a mate there to get a Telecaster and we had a great afternoon dragging out guitars and comparing them. We spent a fair bit of money, but they didn't know that in advance, they were extremely helpful.