Seymour Duncan SA-3SC Acoustic Guitar Pickup - are these any good?

ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884

I usually use piezos, but just curious

is this one genuinely hum-free does anyone know?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72254
    It certainly isn't hum free at all - it's a large, fairly low-output single coil… just about the worst possible type of pickup for hum. You need the SA-3XL for any hope of avoiding hum, and even that isn't totally silent.

They're not bad, although the signal output is also quite low. And they sound very different from a piezo - although when you get used to them, I think they sound more natural and plain better, even though in some ways a bit less "acoustic". (Although a piezo doesn't either, to me.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884

thanks

I was puzzled when I saw this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DWX2CW6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3SFWMTII02WO&coliid=I3N736UPN75CUG

looking at the SD site, I think they took this line "Double potted, warm and rich tone with no 60-cycle hum" from the other model which is HC