Mudhoney handwired flashmob!

What's Hot
noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 789
Mine arrived today and is even better than I expected. All the things I like about overdrives and distortions, but at the same time.  Warmth, clarity, grit and MASSIVE punch and volume boost. Splendiferous thing.

https://flic.kr/p/2f4woPq

https://flic.kr/p/RnPzQF

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Tadragh1Tadragh1 Frets: 70
    Mine is on the way, along with the T-Rex Quint pedal. Will report here when it arrives.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Welcome to the club - I use mine in two ways, with boost switch off,gain maxed and low output humbuckers, get a nice fusionesq tone, think early Robben Ford. With boost on, around three quarters on the gain, Strat bridge pickup, get insain fuzzy but creamy sustain, somewhere between Gilmour and Eric Johnson.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    Mine’s incoming  :)
  • Mine arrived yesterday as well. Amazed with how it sounds. I think of it as a Boost/gritty overdrive up to 12oclock on the gain knob, with it being a Fuzz anything after 12 o'clock. Very dynamic pedal and a good value considering the price on Thomann at the moment.
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    Since I heard Hamish Anderson using one I want to try one out. The price is great but I just got a very expensive piece of gear...
    Maybe someday.

The Mudhoney is here. I had some time to play with it - it has many tones in it, I feel that the three knobs are rather interactive and the tone knob is really important.
    With gain at noon, tone rolled off a bit and level low I get a mean rhythm tone on my tele bridge pickup. And I never heard my tele sing so beautifully over the 15th fret. I am happy I went with Denmark ;)
    (Oh, and I got the Quint too, and it is fantastic)
  • Tadragh1 said:
    The Mudhoney is here. I had some time to play with it - it has many tones in it, I feel that the three knobs are rather interactive and the tone knob is really important.
    With gain at noon, tone rolled off a bit and level low I get a mean rhythm tone on my tele bridge pickup. And I never heard my tele sing so beautifully over the 15th fret. I am happy I went with Denmark ;)
    (Oh, and I got the Quint too, and it is fantastic)
    The tone knob seems to be almost like a presence control - the pedal keeps clarity with it rolled down rather than just going to unusable mud. 

Playing at proper volume the the other day I did notice the extra clarity compared to other pedals, and with single coil bridge pickups I was working the tone control more. I stand by my previous ‘Swiss army pedal’ assessment. 

I’ve not previously been aware of their smaller pedals such as the Quint - will have to check them out
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Playing at proper volume the the other day I did notice the extra clarity compared to other pedals, and with single coil bridge pickups I was working the tone control more. I stand by my previous ‘Swiss army pedal’ assessment. 
    Well, I did get a call from my neighbours in the evening - and I live in a semi-detached house. Guess I was enjoying myself at a proper volume, too ;) Man, a 2x6V6 amp can get loud.
  • BigRedOneBigRedOne Frets: 67
    Looks like Thomann has sold out of Danish Mudhoney’s
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    There might be one in Classifieds shortly.... :#
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Tadragh1 said:
    Well, I did get a call from my neighbours in the evening - and I live in a semi-detached house. Guess I was enjoying myself at a proper volume, too ;) Man, a 2x6V6 amp can get loud.
    Yeah, but what did they say about the extra clarity?
    Yeah, but what did they say about the extra clarity?
    Not sure - I didn't pick up the phone, because I couldn't hear the ringtone  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What a glorious pedal.

I plugged in the yellow monster for the first time tonight, and just got back from a band practice.

I didn't get time for a lot of knob twiddling, but this pedal seems very easy to dial in.  Boost on, gain and tone around noon gives a lovely harmonically rich drive that cuts through the mix very well.

Love it.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 635
    Tadragh1 said:
    Mine is on the way, along with the T-Rex Quint pedal. Will report here when it arrives.
    How do you find the Quint?

I'n running mine with an isolated power supply and the noise even with the pedal not engaged is verging on unbearable with the drive channel or any gain pedal engaged.
    Hey, @abw1989 , I really enjoy the Quint. It sounds pretty natural. I do not mix a lot of the additional tones in, though. Well, initially I had a noise problem - because I mistook the input jack for the output jack. Duh... No noise problems since then at all. 

I am using a Harley Benton ISO-Pro 2 power supply. I run the Quint after a few pedals, which include a drive. Can I test something for you that could help you?

If I get noise problems like that, I usually check my power cable / power socket and also try to run the pedal without any other pedals in the chain. This way you can see if it is the pedal's fault or some strange interaction. If you have noise problems with the pedal not engaged, this tells me something is off. This is not normal.
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 789
    edited August 2019
    Quick update which might be of relevance to anyone doing a ‘pedals which work with deluxe reverb bright cap’ search - this one does!

I’d only used it in the normal channel up till now, assuming that because it’s not a soft-clippy tubescreamery type pedal, it would be a fizzfest with the bright cap. It’s got some sizzle and grit certainly, but in the way that you get with amp-in-a-box pedals mimicking a tweed bassman type sound, a bit of fuzziness round the edges rather than lots of hard clipping.

Hope this is useful to a DRRI owner at some point.