Chris Cornell

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NorrlandNorrland Frets: 3
    If you like Chris Cornell check out Richie Kotzen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26957
    I saw him in Hyde Park, in the rain, supporting Aerosmith (and I assume with Pete Thorn on guitar, though I didn't know who he was at that point). I knew him more from Audioslave at that stage, and only a couple of Soundgarden songs, but I was absolutely blown away and went and made an effort with Soundgarden immediately after. Unquestionably the best singer I've seen live and I'm still heartbroken I never got to see a Soundgarden show. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Philly_Q said:
    I'm listening to Badmotorfinger, for the first time in a very long time.  Fucking hell, it's good.

I too listened to it last week for the first time in a while. The first four songs has to be one of the strongest starts to any album, but some of the unsung tunes really came through eg Searching With My Good Eye Closed (epic outro), Drawing Flies (the huge bass sound), Holy Water, Mind Riot.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm listening to Badmotorfinger, for the first time in a very long time.  Fucking hell, it's good.

I too listened to it last week for the first time in a while. The first four songs has to be one of the strongest starts to any album, but some of the unsung tunes really came through eg Searching With My Good Eye Closed (epic outro), Drawing Flies (the huge bass sound), Holy Water, Mind Riot.....
    Yep, Slaves and Bulldozers is arguably his finest performance and for what it's worth Kims solo is perfect for that song.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    edited March 2019
    In my mind he's the greatest rock singer of all time. Incredible range and power. My favourite band of the 90s for sure.

Gutted I never got to see him live. I was meant to see Audioslave but my parents wouldn't let me go as I had my utterly pointless science GCSE exam the day after. 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    SidNewton said:
    Philly_Q said:

Yep, Slaves and Bulldozers is arguably his finest performance and for what it's worth Kims solo is perfect for that song.
    I love Room a Thousand Years Wide... we've mentioned most of the tracks now.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    My favourite Soundgarden songs:

• SnapSnap Frets: 6264

A real loss this fella.That acoustic Fell on Black Days is simple awesome. What a tragic loss.

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    Like Suicide (album version and acoustic version) are my favourites. Lucky enough to see SG once when they got back on the road in 2012.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7284
    One of my favourite singers of all time, his vocal compression was just flawless.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    edited March 2019
    More Ian Thornley. While I can take or leave some of his stuff, some of it is brilliant. First 2 Big Wreck albums are pretty good, same with their Albatross "come back" album. Really good guitar player too.

The new Big Wreck tune: