Quick Gigrig Isolator question

What's Hot
theflyisbacktheflyisback Frets: 71
Hi,

I'm using a Strymon Zuma power supply for my board.  I currently have one outlet daisy chained into a few analogue drive pedals and to the looper switcher unit i have.  Its working fine generally but the actual daisy chain cable itself is a bit annoying (could do with L shape connectors rather than straight - yes i know you can get them) and also im stretching it in and around other pedals in a way that i could do without.

Is it okay using a gigrig isolator (into one of the zumas 500ma slots)?  Are they compatible?  Perhaps overkill for what i need but it would at least make things a little tidier, and great if they are isolated.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Should add, reason being it would save me a few quid over getting an ojai expansion
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I’ve done this before and it works just fine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7391
    just be aware that the isolator itself requires current to operate (and a fair bit) , so will consume some of that 500ma 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Cheers, i'll give it a go.  Think the pedals i'll be using it with total about 80ma draw combined so i would hope theres plenty of juice left.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7391
    Cheers, i'll give it a go.  Think the pedals i'll be using it with total about 80ma draw combined so i would hope theres plenty of juice left.
    ha - yes sounds like you'll be fine! 
    Red ones are better.