What is a 1997 SG Special worth?

What's Hot
TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7846
Asking for a friend. What is a 1997 Gibson SG Special in fabulous condition (black) worth?

Cheers

Marlin
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I have a 98 standard with a few battle scars on I believe that's worth around £500-550. I would think a SG special in good nick would be worth around the same.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6904
    £400 - £500. 

The later SG special’s aren’t that ‘special’ - just a no frills standard as opposed to an original SG special with P90’s and a wraparound bridge.

And it’s black...
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4133
    edited March 2019
    DrJazzTap said:
    I have a 98 standard with a few battle scars on I believe that's worth around £500-550. I would think a SG special in good nick would be worth around the same.
    Specials are usually >£100 cheaper than standards though. I was looking around for one last autumn and could regularly get them at £450 or less, including some 90s ones. The one exception seemed to be if it had an ebony fingerboard, in which case it would sell for £5-550. I ended up lucking out and buying a Standard for £550 locally instead!