Best place to buy a new Helix Floor?

What's Hot
dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
edited March 2019 in FX
Thomann offer 3yr warranty and 30 day money back. 

Does anyone in the UK offer this and is cheaper?

Just seen Bax Music has a 60 day money back! Is it as good as it sounds or is there small print? Never had experience of Bax music before?

Basically i'm really wanting to give the unit a good test but need more than 14 days to test run and give it a fair test. 

Would want 30days but want deal with a company that will have no fuss in returning it if i don't like it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I know andertons have a 14 day money back but 30 day exchange. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    G4M offer 30 day returns and a 2 year warranty.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2425
    Thomann always, annoyingly, supplies electronic equipment with a European plug, not a UK 3-pin plug. I believe the Helix Floor uses a ‘kettle’ lead so it will probably be just a matter of cutting off the Euro plug and fitting a U.K. one (make sure you’ve got one spare). It’s when gear has a Euro wall wart that it’s a particular pain because a Euro to U.K. plug adaptor into a U.K. wall socket means the whole thing can too easily fall out.
  • Jimbro66 said:
    Thomann always, annoyingly, supplies electronic equipment with a European plug, not a UK 3-pin plug. I believe the Helix Floor uses a ‘kettle’ lead so it will probably be just a matter of cutting off the Euro plug and fitting a U.K. one (make sure you’ve got one spare). It’s when gear has a Euro wall wart that it’s a particular pain because a Euro to U.K. plug adaptor into a U.K. wall socket means the whole thing can too easily fall out.
    Bax Music are the same.
  • Jimbro66 said:
    Bax Music are the same.
    if its just a kettle lead then just buy an UK kettle lead? The one they normally supply are quite short anyway. So i would always use a longer run anyway so that wouldn't be a problem?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Recently bought a dB technologies monitor from Thomann and it came with a euro lead and a UK one too, anything reasonable high value they usually throw one in the box for you
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    Honestly if you decide to commit to one, you'd be mental not to buy 2nd hand. I struggled to shift mine, only got £800 in the end. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Vintage-T said:
    Honestly if you decide to commit to one, you'd be mental not to buy 2nd hand. I struggled to shift mine, only got £800 in the end. 
    Is that so bad really? The Floor dropped to a smidge over a grand brand new at one point... I reckon £800 is a pretty decent second hand price TBH.
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    simonk said:
    Vintage-T said:
    Is that so bad really? The Floor dropped to a smidge over a grand brand new at one point... I reckon £800 is a pretty decent second hand price TBH.
    Depreciating quicker than a car. Had someone wanting to only pay £750. I'd have kept hold, but funding a goldtop so needs must.
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    Vintage-T said:

Depreciating quicker than a car. Had someone wanting to only pay £750. I'd have kept hold, but funding a goldtop so needs must.
    That was me! And in fairness, only because there was one on Gumtree for £750 delivered that didn't have any cosmetic damage...

Also might be worth the OP knowing that I bought a brand new one exactly a week ago from Wunjo guitars on Denmark Street. Asked for their best price and they said £979, so seemed crazy to go 2nd hand. Not sure about their return policy though - would imagine the standard 14 days if bought online. 
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    Here's the one on Gumtree. Not sure where you are, but if you could pick this up for £750, you could probably move it on easily without losing a penny if you didn't like it. The guy still had it on Monday this week.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-guitar-accessories/line-6-helix/1331293845