South West Jam - Factory Studios (Bristol) Edition - 8th June 2019

What's Hot

Comments

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    I'm bringing my AX8 which is equivalent to the Kemper @spark240 is bringing, so there'll be all the sounds needed between those two and other amps. Plus the Axe-Fx/Kemper gear takes up virtually no room :) 

Are we still short of a drummer? My original one couldn't make it, but I can ask around others if we still don't have one sorted. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Know a couple of drummers I can ask too, they'd want a bit of money for their time though
  • There are a few part time drummers among us. I'm happy to busk drum some stuff, but I'll not be learning anything note perfectl

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    Whilst we do have feelers out for the 'main' drummer, as yet no-one has been secured, so encourage everyone with drummer connections in reach of Bristol to ask around.
    repeating the post from the song list discussion... 

jonnyscaramanga of this here parish has very kindly sourced a drummer on the recommendation of James Hester, Head of Drums at BIMM in Bristol. I have just discussed the event with Conor Ross Harrington and agreed terms! Conor will be following the track list discussion as it evolves here. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Brocco said:
    repeating the post from the song list discussion... 

jonnyscaramanga of this here parish has very kindly sourced a drummer on the recommendation of James Hester, Head of Drums at BIMM in Bristol. I have just discussed the event with Conor Ross Harrington and agreed terms! Conor will be following the track list discussion as it evolves here. 
    Awesome, thanks!!
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited April 2019
    Great news! If you've not yet paid, then what are you waiting for?
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Holy crap this sounds like it's going to be mega!

Great news on amps and drummer.  Oh and I'll be bringing my *lefty* Wolfgang if there are any other lefties coming.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Question - my pal plays a bit a sings a bit, he’s not currently a forum member but would like to attend the jam day and maybe help us out on a few songs, ( if not he’s happy just to attend ] quite happy to pay the subs, and we may have another member for future jam days.

subject to overflowing numbers....is there any objection ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    Question - my pal plays a bit a sings a bit, he’s not currently a forum member but would like to attend the jam day and maybe help us out on a few songs, ( if not he’s happy just to attend ] quite happy to pay the subs, and we may have another member for future jam days.

subject to overflowing numbers....is there any objection ?

No objection, Your Honour.
    We have scope to accommodate more players, so no objection from me either.
    I would like to clarify what PAs / equipment we need as a collective - I would need to understand wants & expectations for other equipment provided (or not) by Factory Studio, so I can advise them accordingly.

If I understand the thread, we need one PA in the live room, with @Legionreturns  very kindly bringing his own setup for the general practice room. There are also some plans afoot to provide an interesting side feature, and from what I can make out, there is a preference for a PA to this room too.

This adds up to some serious firepower. Have I interpreted the discussions correctly?

If you intend to bring your own amp/s, please bear the above in mind.

I have advised Factory of the reduced room requirement - and I've now gone for three rooms, based on current numbers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    fandango said:
    I would like to clarify what PAs / equipment we need as a collective - I would need to understand wants & expectations for other equipment provided (or not) by Factory Studio, so I can advise them accordingly.

If I understand the thread, we need one PA in the live room, with @Legionreturns  very kindly bringing his own setup for the general practice room. There are also some plans afoot to provide an interesting side feature, and from what I can make out, there is a preference for a PA to this room too.

This adds up to some serious firepower. Have I interpreted the discussions correctly?

I have advised Factory of the reduced room requirement - and I've now gone for three rooms, based on current numbers.

You said previously that the rooms come with PAs and stage mics?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6798
    roberty said:
    fandango said:

I’d have thought all rooms have PAs, they are usually easier to leave set up permanently , and all bands will need them for vocals!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    roberty said:
    fandango said:

I’d have thought all rooms have PAs, they are usually easier to leave set up permanently , and all bands will need them for vocals!
    Yep all the rooms have a PA/mixer https://www.factorystudios.co.uk/studios
    Okay so I just spoke to factory and the rooms all have PA included

Each piece of backline is an extra £5 flat so we can hire bass amps and drum shells. Sure there's enough nice guitar amps to go round between us
    Cheers to everyone who's replied above. I just wanted to make sure we all understood what we were getting against what our expectations are.

fandango said:
    Cheers to everyone who's replied above. I just wanted to make sure we all understood what we were getting against what our expectations are.

Easy peasy :-) nice one
    I’m sure we can bring a couple of Bass amps if required, I have a Trace Elliott 1 x 15 combo if needed.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    So, If anyone fancies some acoustic jams in the other room, I have a few to try out, me and a pal can run through them and anyone can join in if time and circumstances permit. ;-)

High and Dry - Radiohead
    Hero - Foo fighters
    Nothing ever happens - Del amitri
    Empress - snow patrol
    Harvest Moon - Neil young

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview