2019 (Bristol) South West Jam Song List Discussion

What's Hot

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    mart said:
    Brocco said:
    can we make Pump It Up ... work with a single guitarist (as we currently have drums, vox, bass and one guitar for each) or is a second guitarist essential? 
    Pump It Up really needs keyboards. Second guitar would be the next best thing. Clean sound, plastered in Leslie simulation or Univibe.
    Looking at this, I reckon I could manage the actual guitar part - since that fills in the gap between the singing - but it depends on whether @spark240 was planning to do that, or whether he could manage the keyboard part (or guitar equivalent).

I was planning a guitar part ...keys aint my thing !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    spark240 said:
    mart said:
    Brocco said:
    can we make Pump It Up ... work with a single guitarist (as we currently have drums, vox, bass and one guitar for each) or is a second guitarist essential? 
    Pump It Up really needs keyboards. Second guitar would be the next best thing. Clean sound, plastered in Leslie simulation or Univibe.
    Looking at this, I reckon I could manage the actual guitar part - since that fills in the gap between the singing - but it depends on whether @spark240 was planning to do that, or whether he could manage the keyboard part (or guitar equivalent).

I was planning a guitar part ...keys aint my thing !
    I was thinking of Funkfinger’s suggestion of a guitar through a Leslie or univibe to simulate the organ sound.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6793
    Alnico posted about his workshop idea on page 1 of this Discussion.
    I can’t see anything listed there. Would be good to get an updated list of what’s planned/going to be covered to help get us to sign up for them and help Alnico see what people are interested in. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    @mrkb My mistake. alnico's original workshop proposal is in the Event discussion. So, now, is his fuller explanation of what he plans to offer.

(These jam session threads all blur into one. I have the added distraction of needing to see a man about a dog guitar exchange transaction in the next hour.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Ill be there for the whole session..subject to major M5 traffic incidents.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    mrkb said:
    Alnico posted about his workshop idea on page 1 of this Discussion.
    I can’t see anything listed there. Would be good to get an updated list of what’s planned/going to be covered to help get us to sign up for them and help Alnico see what people are interested in. 
    Click HERE.

I thought the main discussion thread was the best place to put it.
  • As the song list takes shape, some thought will have to be given to the running order.

It will help the organisers to know:
    • who might have to arrive late due to travelling distance, roadworks or whathaveyou.
    • who might have to depart early for travel reasons.
    • who might wish to have workshop time with Alnico prior to rehearsing and performing. 
    I’ll be travelling from Cardiff so should be on time and will stay till the end. I’ve answered the last question elsewhere. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I'll be there all day too
    Four weeks to go, folks.

CONFIRMED SONG LIST

All Right Now 
    Born to Be Wild
    Comfortably Numb
    Ironman 
    Just Like Heaven
    Motorcycle Emptiness 
    My Hero 
    Rock And Roll 
    Rocks
    Sit Down   
    Teenage Kicks 
    You Really Got Me 

ONE PERSON SHORT OF CONFIRMED SONG LIST

Alive 
    Be Yourself 
    Girl From Mars
    Pump It Up

If you have not already done so, please put your name down for any songs on which you wish to play. Where there is sufficient demand, there will be more than one opportunity to perform each song.

If there is any song that you feel strongly should be reinstated to the lists above, use private messaging to assemble a line-up for that song, then, contact me or Brocco. 

Ithenkew.
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    I will do the same on Teenage Kicks as we have three rhythm guitarists - same question applies...
    Brocco said:
    As we have two rhythm guitarists for All Right Now I will move myself to Line Up #2. This creates an opportunity for anyone not in Line Up #1 to step up and take the other band roles - who anyone like to join me in Line Up #2?
    pasting my mis-post from the main discussion here which hopefully makes my Teenage Kicks post make sense!

roberty has kindly offered to play lead in Line Up #2 of All Right Now - anyone up for vox, drums or bass?
    Four weeks to go, folks.

CONFIRMED SONG LIST

All Right Now 
    Born to Be Wild
    Comfortably Numb
    Ironman 
    Just Like Heaven
    Motorcycle Emptiness 
    My Hero 
    Rock And Roll 
    Rocks
    Sit Down   
    Teenage Kicks 
    You Really Got Me 

ONE PERSON SHORT OF CONFIRMED SONG LIST

Alive 
    Be Yourself 
    Girl From Mars
    Pump It Up

If you have not already done so, please put your name down for any songs on which you wish to play. Where there is sufficient demand, there will be more than one opportunity to perform each song.

If there is any song that you feel strongly should be reinstated to the lists above, use private messaging to assemble a line-up for that song, then, contact me or Brocco. 

Ithenkew.
    Is that also the official running order?

assume we play through the set list ...then start again in same order with changes of players to suit?

im happy to play 2nd or 3rd time round as well if it helps keep things moving.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Thanks @spark240, this is  a good question.

The actual running order will be decided upon when we have a more complete picture regarding who wishes to play what in the live room, how many versions of each song will be performed, who signs up for the workshop (we need just one more person to make that viable), etc.

The assumption is that those in Line-Up #1 will be happy to play in subsequent line ups as needed in order to ensure that we have a complete band each time. This will hopefully encourage everyone who wishes to play drums, bass, guitar or provide vox to come forward knowing that they will have a band around them.
    Anyone up for Bass on Be Yourself (we have a full band otherwise)?
    Other than @mrkb on Comfy, are there any other potential drumming requests out there (would help with organisational aspects to know asap)? 
    Brocco said:
    Anyone up for Bass on Be Yourself (we have a full band otherwise)?
    Go on then
    Thank you @roberty!
    roberty said:
    Brocco said:
    Anyone up for Bass on ____________________ ?
    Go on then
    How many of the press ganged volunteer bassists have a bass guitar of their own to play on the day?

The instrument that I would choose for myself to play Pump It Up is not the one I would choose to lend out as the performance room village bicycle. Apart from anything else, it would be unfair of me to hamstring others with a one-sound plank whose strings are a long distance apart.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    @Funkfingers I'll be bringing my Jag with nice, kind to your fingers, chrome flats on. It's a Chinese Fender that gets regular use on YBTB sessions by kids, so I'm not precious about it. It plays pretty well though. It won't be the first tFB jam where it's served as the community bass! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    @Funkfingers I'll be bringing my Jag with nice, kind to your fingers, chrome flats on. It's a Chinese Fender that gets regular use on YBTB sessions by kids, so I'm not precious about it. It plays pretty well though. It won't be the first tFB jam where it's served as the community bass! 
    I plan to bring my Mexi 50's P Bass too. It has round wounds and a DiMazrio Model P pickup, it's a bit of a monster!