John Squire amp for sale!

What's Hot
Calum13Calum13 Frets: 37
http://www.denmarkstreetonline.co.uk/product-details/John-Squires-Famous-Fender-Twin
Doubt it’s worth the money, twins from the 70s are usually quite cheap, although it is John Squiers amp! He always used 2 twins and a mesa later on in 89. Certainly would be a good thing to have, but not at that price!
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Calum13Calum13 Frets: 37
    Sorry, just realised this should be in the amps section.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    its a tragedy if thats worth that amount of cash
  • matonematone Frets: 211
    They deserve a big LOL for that.Ludicrous.
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    It’s a lot of money for a Squire. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071
    They have a lot of superfans and if that's the amp from their 1st album... it'll sell at that price. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    If it’s the amp he actually used on the first album then it’ll go at that price. Would this have been used at Knebworth too?
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1795
    It’s the shop selling it that is the main put off for me. Definitely not the price, ahem. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1259
    the_jaffa said:
    It’s the shop selling it that is the main put off for me. Definitely not the price, ahem. 
    No need to rush then.

If somebody misses this one and regrets it they’ll have another half-a-dozen in the back of the shop... :-)
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    JayGee said:
    the_jaffa said:
    No need to rush then.

If somebody misses this one and regrets it they’ll have another half-a-dozen in the back of the shop... :-)
    Exactly!
  • dhaywood67dhaywood67 Frets: 111
    There's that one and another three on reverb
  • clarkydazclarkydaz Frets: 45
    lonestar said:
    If it’s the amp he actually used on the first album then it’ll go at that price. Would this have been used at Knebworth too?

one of the pics has john noel and liam onstage at knebworth soundchecking. Pretty big deal considering!
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271

dhaywood67 said:

Does this mean Squire has gone all Helix then?

The album was 30 years old yesterday (several different dates on the internet) So they might have been waiting for that so the demand is higher for it as it’s valuable ‘memorabilia’
    tFB Trader
    timbuk02 said:

dhaywood67 said:

Does this mean Squire has gone all Helix then?

When we saw the Roses last year John was still using Lonestars so I’m guessing he’s still got them. 
    For the whole of the reunion John was using Mesa Lonestars so the Twin was definitely not a current amp. I have a feeling he is probably not playing at all again now and has likely retired from music. 

My issue with this sale is that the sellers are reknowned criminals who are well known for faking stuff. Sadly, it seems that they do get to sell quite a bit of John’s old gear but you just can’t trust them that it is the real one even with the claimed providence. Add to that the ridiculous price (I bet @Gassage didn’t pay that for Eric Johnson’s Twin) and it’s all far too dodgy to even contemplate. Even as a huge John Squire fan
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    the_jaffa said:
    For the whole of the reunion John was using Mesa Lonestars so the Twin was definitely not a current amp. I have a feeling he is probably not playing at all again now and has likely retired from music. 

My issue with this sale is that the sellers are reknowned criminals who are well known for faking stuff. Sadly, it seems that they do get to sell quite a bit of John’s old gear but you just can’t trust them that it is the real one even with the claimed providence. Add to that the ridiculous price (I bet @Gassage didn’t pay that for Eric Johnson’s Twin) and it’s all far too dodgy to even contemplate. Even as a huge John Squire fan
    Yeah, they were selling a pink custom shop 62  he used at Warrington parr hall saying it was his famous pink strat used at the Blackpool gig. That one was original and when he first used it it was from a rental company owned by the record label.
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 993
    "bullshit" is the first thing that comes to mind.

why do people still take justin harrison seriously? how bad does someones reputation have to be for the message to get through.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    You're all being very cynical.
    The photograph clearly shows a Fender Twin. There can't be 2 amplifiers like that. It's just not possible.
    tFB Trader
    the_jaffa said:

That’s the thing that drives up value though, the name. 

With all due respect to EJ, he hasn’t been part of a band/album that did what Stone Roses's did for popular culture. That will affect the value. Someone will pay it, it’s just a matter of time. I do think the price is silly given that Noel Gallagher’s orange stack went for £3500 or so. I’d have happily paid that for it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    There's a very good chance the twin is from the mid nineties Squire era. IIRC he was using three twins onstage and he went from the D120f in 89' to the massive E120 in 94' - theres no pics of the speakers in the twin but if he used it at Knebworth it's likely it from the Second Coming tour. The other amps in the collection appear to be consistent with the late nineties Seahorses era and I believe the Marshalls were used live in his solo album period. Doubt very much it is from the 89' gig but this could potentially be confirmed by the checking which speakers it's loaded with.

I really don't understand the appeal of "Famous" instruments. My dad own a bass that Hendrix once played. True. The bass is still just bass. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom