SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Shortscale (30.5") Flatwound Bass Strings, New or Used

If anyone has an old set knocking about in their parts draw or even a used set I'd be interested.  

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    What sort of tailpiece does your instrument have?

No point acquiring “pre-enjoyed” strings if they are kinked where they passed over the bridge and nut.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • KristoKristo Frets: 130
    I have a few used sets cut for 2 a side tuners, or a new set of GHS brite flats. 
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    What sort of tailpiece does your instrument have?

No point acquiring “pre-enjoyed” strings if they are kinked where they passed over the bridge and nut.
    That's a VERY good point!!  It's an old 1966 Gibson EBO so top loading.  The scale length is also an important issue as you need to ensure that only the silk is wrapping around the string post.

Photo below:

https://i.imgur.com/lQdSc8F.jpg
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    Kristo said:
    I have a few used sets cut for 2 a side tuners, or a new set of GHS brite flats. 
    It sounds as if the cut strings would work fine as the EBO is 2 a side but it depends a bit where the silk starts.  As a guide, from ball end to the centre of the E and G posts is  86cm and to the centre of the D and A posts is 93cm