Lancashire Guitar Show - Whitworth - Sunday 7th April

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
in Guitar tFB Trader

http://www.mojoguitarshows.co.uk/ for full details of the Lancashire Guitar Show - The Riverside - Market St - Whitworth - Sunday 7th April - Free parking + refreshment throughout the day

Exhibitor stands will include a selection of new, used, vintage and cool guitars - Add a few amps, accessories and bits 'n' bobs

Guitars4You will be exhibiting so come along and say hi - I'll be taking a selection of guitars listed on my web site, along with some string deals and a few accessories - If you have an interest in any guitar listed on my web site and wish to evaluate it, with a view to a purchase, then touch base with me a few days before hand and I can bring it along - Cash sales invited plus will have the chip/pin PDQ card machine with me

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    I’ll definitely be there.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    I’ll definitely be there.
    will be good to see you again and catch up 
    tFB Trader
    @CountryDave ; and @CasperCaster - Are you guys going this weekend to the show ? - Need my coffee fix mid day !!!!!!!!!!!! - Might have a 75 Tele restoration to show you Jason
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 849
    @guitars4you sorry Mark. 
    I'm on holiday, so won't be able to make it. 
    If @CasperCaster makes it, get him to take some pics of the Tele. I'd love to see how it turned out. 
    tFB Trader
    @guitars4you sorry Mark. 
    I'm on holiday, so won't be able to make it. 
    If @CasperCaster makes it, get him to take some pics of the Tele. I'd love to see how it turned out. 
    Enjoy the break and see you soon - Probably Haydock in May I dare say
  • @guitars4you I'll probably head over as it's not to far from me, and I'm a sucker for a bacon butty and coffee - oh and guitars too of course!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    @guitars4you I'll probably head over as it's not to far from me, and I'm a sucker for a bacon butty and coffee - oh and guitars too of course!
    will see you there - Hope you'll be okay on your own
  • Looking forward to this tomorrow. @guitars4you your usual coffee order - white + 17 sugars?
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    How did this go today?. I 'nearly' made it myself. First Sunday I've had to myself in ages, or so I thought. Was planning on driving down and saying hello, but things never went to plan. Hope you all had a good day.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    MikeS said:
    How did this go today?. I 'nearly' made it myself. First Sunday I've had to myself in ages, or so I thought. Was planning on driving down and saying hello, but things never went to plan. Hope you all had a good day.
    I was there around mid-day - much busier than it has been in the last couple of years. The usual mix of junk and good stuff - though notable bargains were scarce. In fact prices seemed higher than at any recent show I’ve been to.
    tFB Trader
    MikeS said:
    I was there around mid-day - much busier than it has been in the last couple of years. The usual mix of junk and good stuff - though notable bargains were scarce. In fact prices seemed higher than at any recent show I’ve been to.
    and probably the worse example many of us have seen of a vintage refin for many a while

I had a good day sales wise and many others said the same - Small show but busy - recent coffee + butty so a good start anyway
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 776
    and probably the worse example many of us have seen of a vintage refin for many a while
    Was that the Jazzmaster?
    tFB Trader
    Gerz6558 said:
    Was that the Jazzmaster?
    prominent wasn't it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gerz6558 said:
    Was that the Jazzmaster?
    prominent wasn't it
    Haha yes, just a bit!  And yet I still had a conversation with myself about making an offer for it.

Getting it for a good price and sorting another refinish I would be ok with, but the fact that somebody had decided to shave the neck of a 62 Jazzmaster killed it outright for me.
    edited April 2019 tFB Trader
    Gerz6558 said:
    Gerz6558 said:
    Was that the Jazzmaster?
    prominent wasn't it
    Haha yes, just a bit!  And yet I still had a conversation with myself about making an offer for it.

Getting it for a good price and sorting another refinish I would be ok with, but the fact that somebody had decided to shave the neck of a 62 Jazzmaster killed it outright for me.
    Agree about a re refin - I did not play it but 2/3 others mentioned about a shaved neck - I did not know the asking price
    Agree about a re refin - I did not play it but 2/3 others mentioned about a shaved neck - I did not know the asking price
    It was £1850, which is why I stood there for about 15 minutes thinking...and thinking.

But then reading the tag, non-original pickups, non-original case, (not very good) refinish.  All fair enough for a 62 Jazzmaster around that price range.  But the neck shave was unforgivable!

Never mind, a talking point if nothing else.
    tFB Trader
    Gerz6558 said:
    It was £1850, which is why I stood there for about 15 minutes thinking...and thinking.

But then reading the tag, non-original pickups, non-original case, (not very good) refinish.  All fair enough for a 62 Jazzmaster around that price range.  But the neck shave was unforgivable!

Never mind, a talking point if nothing else.
    makes you wonder what you are getting doesn't, based on what you said - Think you did the right think
  • Hiya. 

First post btw.
  • Err, that didn't go very well, did it?

A quick post to say thank you to a couple of people. 

Firstly to Mark from Guitars 4You. 
    It was my wife who bought the Pink Paisley Telecaster, her first electric guitar. It's a lovely instrument and set up very nicely indeed. Sue can't put it down, always a good sign!

Secondly to Dixie. 
    I bought probably the cheapest guitar at the show, a battle scarred Vintage VS6 which plays much nicer than a £90.00 guitar has any right to.

Thirdly Jason. 
    Thanks for the encouragement, sorry I was a little distracted but the reality of my wife buying herself the above Tele had just hit me! 

Finally, Ken(?) the organiser.
    Really enjoyed the show, a very pleasant and productive day out, great to meet you.

Cheers all! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Err, that didn't go very well, did it?

A quick post to say thank you to a couple of people. 

Firstly to Mark from Guitars 4You. 
    It was my wife who bought the Pink Paisley Telecaster, her first electric guitar. It's a lovely instrument and set up very nicely indeed. Sue can't put it down, always a good sign!

Secondly to Dixie. 
    I bought probably the cheapest guitar at the show, a battle scarred Vintage VS6 which plays much nicer than a £90.00 guitar has any right to.

Thirdly Jason. 
    Thanks for the encouragement, sorry I was a little distracted but the reality of my wife buying herself the above Tele had just hit me! 

Finally, Ken(?) the organiser.
    Really enjoyed the show, a very pleasant and productive day out, great to meet you.

Cheers all! 

good to hear about the Tele and getting constant attention - Thanks for the posting - see you again at another show, hopefully - Best wishes - Mark