Another great experience at Peach Guitars.

What's Hot
RandomGeckoRandomGecko Frets: 319
So yesterday I bought a brand new 2018 PRS DGT, goldtop, moons. Beautiful guitar. I ended up having to go around the houses to get it however...

I started off at a store in the Midlands. Played the guitar a little, sort of noticed the low E being close to the edge but assumed I could improve the situation by raising the action - it was super low - and setting the guitar up properly, but after walking away with it and playing it for a little bit, I realised the nut had been cut in a very strange way - almost like it'd had the slots widened for whatever reason? It was a slight older model so perhaps it's been out of the store before. Anyway after a bit, I went back and got a refund. Unfortunately the guitar has gone back up for sale but I suppose business is business? Not sure how I feel about that.

Second store I went to was a little further south. This time the DGT was in great condition, a newer model, sounded nice, resonant, then I noticed that the tremolo only had 3 springs, and the guitar had been set up with 10s. I would possibly have bought this one - it was the lightest of the three Goldtops I played, and was lovely, but something about the fact the setup had been changed raised alarm bells. Asked the guys if they'd got the other two springs, and the guy honestly vanished for over 20 minutes whilst he tried to locate them. Then I spotted the screws on the tuning peg were loose somehow, and also scuffed. In the end I walked out.

I'd been avoiding the drive to Peach since I was visiting my parents in the midlands but in the end I decided to just do it. Should have gone there in the first place. Guitar was treated immaculately, exactly as it should be, and was the ideal weight. Sounded killer, resonant, bought it.

In future, I barely see any reason to go elsewhere. Obviously I'll look elsewhere but every time I've bought from Peach, the guitars have been as I expected, which sadly can't always be said of stores elsewhere! 6 hours driving yesterday was worth it in the end!

Off to play in the new DGT...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments