Partial NGD - rosewood GSP strat neck installed...

What's Hot
MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
edited April 2019 in Guitar
Thanks to @GSPBASSES for a beautiful job, first time I've ordered from him, and wow.

Am planning to fit this to my walnut body strat - it's an idea I've kind of had in mind for some time, finally decided life is too short and went ahead.
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2305
    Oh good lord that is gorgeous.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    timmypix said:
    Oh good lord that is gorgeous.
    Not that I deserve any credit, but thank you :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2305
    Now there's a very irrational part of my brain shouting very loudly that my Strat needs a new neck. Ooft.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 470
    Nice looking neck. Back in the day when Schecter was a company that just sold USA made guitar parts I bought a wonderful sold rosewood Stratocaster neck from them. I still regret selling it ,that walnut neck looks very much like my rosewood one did.
    timmypix said:
    Now there's a very irrational part of my brain shouting very loudly that my Strat needs a new neck. Ooft.
    It's that difference between need and want isn't it? Sometimes hard to know where the line is. I can say it didn't cost as much as I thought it might, is just superbly made, and I was able to get it made to my exact preferred specs, if that helps?

The neck will be fitted to this guitar:

...and I think I may fit black hardware, to give something a bit like this:

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    I wouldn't go for the black hardware if it were me - think it will look better as is with the new neck
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Nice looking neck. Back in the day when Schecter was a company that just sold USA made guitar parts I bought a wonderful sold rosewood Stratocaster neck from them. I still regret selling it ,that walnut neck looks very much like my rosewood one did.
    GSP might well be able to help if you wanted another one @Henrytwang...

horse said:
    I wouldn't go for the black hardware if it were me - think it will look better as is with the new neck
    You could be right there - I'll see how it looks with the existing chrome hardware first anyhow.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9168
    Love rosewood necks. They darken the tone on a Fender and get rid of a bit of ice pick. The only issue I’ve found is Fender ones are always laquered and sticky 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Awesome! rosewood necks are the best thing ever!
    chris78 said:
    Love rosewood necks. They darken the tone on a Fender and get rid of a bit of ice pick. The only issue I’ve found is Fender ones are always laquered and sticky 
    Cheers - this one lovely and unfinished. I think I may just treat like I would a rosewood fingerboard i.e. just a little almond oil.

axisus said:
    Awesome! rosewood necks are the best thing ever!
    Thank you - first time I've handled one and no regrets.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2364
    Very nice.

I've got two solid r/w necks from GSP, highly recommend finishing them with Ezeoil then briwax, looks and feels amazing :)
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    Wow!!!  That will look awesome paired with the guitar body.  Agree with the above that the black hardware may be overkill. But hey, its your guitar!
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    Gold hardware if anything
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
    edited March 2019 tFB Trader
    It's always good to know when a customer is pleased with what I've made for them.
    I would recommend two or three coats of true oil or Danish oil on the back of the neck, the photos below  show a solid rosewood neck that's had three coats of true oil. I would lemon oil the fingerboard.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    PVO_Dave said:
    Very nice.

I've got two solid r/w necks from GSP, highly recommend finishing them with Ezeoil then briwax, looks and feels amazing :)
    Appreciate the tip @PVO_Dave cheers :)

Vinylfan said:
    Wow!!!  That will look awesome paired with the guitar body.  Agree with the above that the black hardware may be overkill. But hey, its your guitar!
    Cheers - we'll see. At the moment there is something drawing me to the idea of the black hardware, but I'll hold off for now.
    Schnozz said:
    Gold hardware if anything
    I admit there's a bit of me that likes that idea also, and another bit that worries it would be too bling. I've been "told off" for using gold hardware in the past. Decisions decisions...

GSPBASSES said:
    It's always good to know when a customer is pleased with what I've made for them.
    I would recommend two or three coats of true oil or Danish oil on the back of the neck, the photos below  show a solid rosewood neck that's had three coats of true oil. I would lemon oil the fingerboard.

Thank you @GSPBASSES ;, that certainly does looks lovely, and it also happens I have some Tru Oil at the moment, left over from another project.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    edited March 2019
    Did DPD lose the rest of it 

seriously though, that looks lovely!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3300
    Lovely stuff!