Ebay rage...

What's Hot
jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202625414079

Check out the asking price and then the item description...

Has had me laughing all day. 

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2377
    That is absolute gold. Cold reality hitting someone in the face that the used market is not the new market.
    Tim
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    What a silly seller. I’m probably not alone in finding eBay very entertaining, you can come across the strangest things.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    Did that auction runs its course or did the seller pull it early as part of his hissy fit?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2694
     I didn't want it anyway...
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Mong.
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Good imagine if you'd bought it and had to deal with him.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
    Did that auction runs its course or did the seller pull it early as part of his hissy fit?
    I think the original run it’s course with the bidding starting at £1450 and then he put that up today in the cream puff and then cancelled it. So funny. It’s not difficult to do a search for completed or sold auctions and see the average selling price. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    He's got a banjo.
    No wonder he's angry.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    awesome
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3876
    Can you just leave it? I've had a bad day ok....you tossers.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    if it doesnt sell he has taken my advice and will sell the  neck and body separate like I do with Fenders.
    rossi said:
    if it doesnt sell he has taken my advice and will sell the  neck and body separate like I do with Fenders.
    Haha! 

I was so tempted to message him. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3963
    edited March 2019
    I got a load of abuse once after making an offer on an amp which was declined but then getting a message back... “if it doesn’t sell for more before the end of the week its yours”

I never agreed to wait, the cheek of it! In the meantime I bought the same amp elsewhere. When the other guy’s amp didn’t sell he inboxed me but I told him I’d already bought another.

He told me he hoped it blew up. I said it’s ok, I would use the money I saved from not buying his on having it repaired.

He relisted it, calling me a non-paying imbecile.
    8reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I got a load of abuse once after making an offer on an amp which was declined but then getting a message back... “if it doesn’t sell for for more before the end of the week its yours”

I never agreed to wait, the cheek of it! In the meantime I bought the same amp elsewhere. When the other guy’s amp didn’t sell he inboxed me but I told him I’d already bought another.

He told me he hoped it blew up. I said it’s ok, I would use the money I saved from not buying his on having it repaired.

He relisted it, calling me a non-paying imbecile.
    That’s unbeliavable!

I had a guy ask for 50% of the £90 he paid back for a pedal because there was Velcro on it. I told him he had a brass neck and I’d give him a full refund if he sent it back. Never heard anything.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2094
    That's very amusing. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    Some eBayers buy into the dream that it is a place where they can always buy cheaply and, yet, somehow, always sell for top price.

A bloke local to me became so frustrated with cheeky lowball offers for his music gear auctions that he pulled them early - resulting in no sale, no liquid assets and increased frustration. Duh!

This same person is especially prone to such outbursts. He is acutely aware of every penny that he spent on guitars, pedals and amps. He deludes himself that something for which he paid, say, one thousand Pounds new is now worth £995 excluding shipping.

Generally, the business of remote buying and selling seems to cause some people to behave in a manner that they would never do in a face to face meeting. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I saw a Craigslist thing once where someone messaged a seller asking if the Xbox was still available. When the seller replied no, he replied saying 'Son's crying now, thanks very much you prick' 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Can’t cure stupid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    Simon_M said:
    Can’t cure stupid.
    Yep you can, there's a cure now....... a bullet or an injection!