Wilkinson VS50-6 vibrato bridge query

VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
edited March 2019 in Guitar
Currently set up for vibrato on my Yamaha Pacifica 611VFM but I just wondered that if I wanted to lock it down as a fixed bridge (but  provided this was easily reversable) could I do so and if so whats the best way to do it?
I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72247
    edited March 2019
    Find a piece of any hard material that will fit neatly between the front side of the bridge block and the wall of the cavity, put it in place and then tighten the claw screws a couple of turns each - no more than that or you'll start to put excessive stress on the pivot knife edges.

It's a good idea to first check that the bridgeplate is parallel to the body so the block is also parallel to the cavity wall inside, but it's not critical.

You will see a lot of advice to put the block on the other side, but that needs it to be much more accurately fitted, and on a Wilkinson there is much more of a risk of damaging the knife edges.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    Smashing, thanks @ICBM
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)