PSA: Discounted Heistercamp straps

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    I've got one coming today.  I've already got one anyway, so I know the quality.  They are bloody pricey though, but they should outlast everything else by many, many years.
    As far as button whole wear is concerned , I always use strap locks, so button hole wear is not an issue.  I never feel safe playing a guitar on a strap without a strap lock of some sort.  I can't be the only one, can I?
    Thing is if you've got a one off expensive guitar slung off your shoulders, why would you risk it?
    It does add £20ish to the cost of the strap, but your guitars safe and your strap doesn't wear out.  Simpless
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    johnl said:
    Mine has buckles and I can't really see how they would ding the guitar in use as they are quite a distance from the guitar when playing. Enjoy yours when it arrives mate, the quality is incredible.

I normally leave the strap on the guitar in the case.  Buckles are a complete no go for me.

Wonky said:
    I've got one coming today.  I've already got one anyway, so I know the quality.  They are bloody pricey though, but they should outlast everything else by many, many years.
    As far as button whole wear is concerned , I always use strap locks, so button hole wear is not an issue.  I never feel safe playing a guitar on a strap without a strap lock of some sort.  I can't be the only one, can I?
    Thing is if you've got a one off expensive guitar slung off your shoulders, why would you risk it?
    It does add £20ish to the cost of the strap, but your guitars safe and your strap doesn't wear out.  Simpless

Grolsch Washers.  Only adds about £5 for two, and you get free beer with them.  Would prefer it if there was a proper English style ale in that type of bottle though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    My strap arrived and despite saying on the web site there was signs of use on the buttons, there totally isn't.  It's 100% brand new, never been on a horses back (obviously it's actually been a cows back at some point though).  Smells as stunning as it looks and feels, total quality.  Couldn't be happier if I'm honest, especially at that price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Wonky said:
    My strap arrived and despite saying on the web site there was signs of use on the buttons, there totally isn't.  It's 100% brand new, never been on a horses back (obviously it's actually been a cows back at some point though).  Smells as stunning as it looks and feels, total quality.  Couldn't be happier if I'm honest, especially at that price.
    Likewise, I couldn't find any marks on mine at all either. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664

On top of the quality that everyone has mentioned, I must say that the service and com's I've received from Heistercamp while I was deciding on the design/colour etc, was nothing short of spectacular.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    @John_P thanks for the heads up. I bought a couple, I've been wanting to try one for ages.

Nice work fella 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    andy1839 said:
    @John_P thanks for the heads up. I bought a couple, I've been wanting to try one for ages.

Nice work fella 
    No problem- mine arrived today.   No box and cow like my previous orders but plenty cheaper and they look new so I’m happy.  
    I need to check the length of one though - pretty sure it’s not long enough but I might have misread the spec.  
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    I am absolutely delighted with my “Leigh Tor”. I’m not sure I could ever have brought myself to buy it at full price, but I can absolutely see where the money goes and for what I paid it’s a steal.

The bags of offcuts they sell for a fiver are great too - I’m going to be sorted for thongs[1] for years!

[1] Not *that* kind of thong....
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was in two minds, so I used my "does the website work properly" test.

No. No it doesn't. If I actually have to go looking for my card or log into PayPal rather than using stored info or my fingerprint, it's too much effort! 
    Well, it turns out that because I'd put it in my basket, then buggered off, they dropped me a very polite email asking if I still wanted it or if it could be released back to the sale.

A brief conversation later, with excellent comms and a lovely and helpful manner, I bought it. 

Black Hunters Tor with red lining on it's way. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2627
    So I succumbed. Because it's very important that that navy blue strat that's coming together for me has a matching strap. Oh, yes. 
  • funhousefunhouse Frets: 123
    Thanks @John_P I bought one too. It arrived the next day and is stunning. Exceptional value for money.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    funhouse said:
    Thanks @John_P I bought one too. It arrived the next day and is stunning. Exceptional value for money.
    Glad it was useful - they are great.   One of mine was the wrong length and they replied very quickly offering to sort it out.   Great company.  

• I am a very happy bunny!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6870
    I received one of the limited Vanguard ones for xmas. They are awesome quality and the comms with them are fantastic. 

I do need a new belt though...
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • ArjailerArjailer Frets: 103
    edited April 2019
    Grolsch Washers.  Only adds about £5 for two, and you get free beer with them.  Would prefer it if there was a proper English style ale in that type of bottle though.

Are Grolsch washers thinner than those Fender strap blocks?

'cos I got one of Heistercamp's webbing straps (never been a fan of all leather straps) and stuck on some of the Fender blocks I had lying around, but they keep popping off 'cos the leather on the strap is so thick that the rubber washer doesn't actually go under the strap button properly  :smiley: