Effectrode Blue Bottle

SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1292
New, apparently limited edition pedal. Mid booster based on a Pultec.

Any users on here?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    just bought one should be here in a few days......going to use this after the Fire Bottle..excited
    edited March 2019
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    mgaw said:
    just bought one should be here in a few days......going to use this after the Fire Bottle..excited
    Could you tell me a little about the fire bottle? I assume it’s an always on pedal. 
    @lukedlb yep I have it first always on as a makes everything sound ace pedal.  this one incoming will be the TS style drive in a way, the firebottle makes all my other drives sound better so hoping this combo will be all my drive needs (which are modest) satisfied....Firebottle is well worth trying IMO
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1292
    Interesting on the Firebottle. I already have a Pettyjohn Predrive which does a similar kind of thing, I think. Is it possible to have too much of a good thing? Decisions, decisions.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    @mgaw I wonder whether I’m using my Kingsley Bard to pull off the same trick as a boost. Everything sounds better through it, even a fuzzface. 
    @lukedlb that's what I used my BARD for, when I had it...same deal really, that is a great pedal
    @Seziertisch one can rarely have too many outstanding pedals,  have you tried the petty john Lift? at the end of your chain
    mgaw said:
    @Seziertisch one can rarely have too many outstanding pedals,  have you tried the petty john Lift? at the end of your chain
    I haven’t tried the Lift, I took a punt on the Predrive 2nd hand off Reverb a few years ago. A bit more detail and sweetness overall, feels great to play through. The high and low pass filters are brilliant. They help to sort out so much stuff from flubbiness to sizzle. They really help to make drive pedals work in a rig.

Otherwise, the last item on my board is a GigRig Z Cable. Most of the time I use it on the active setting though there are occasions, particularly in the studio, when the simulated cable lengths are useful. Another pedal that feels great to play through, your guitar feels a lot more connected to the amp.
    yep I have had the Z Cable, I really liked it for the same reasons, you should try the Pettyjohn Lift its exceptional and I have one right here that I dont use :)
  • damm73damm73 Frets: 358
    I'm an early adopter of this great pedal. I pre-ordered when they were first announced. 

I already use an Effectrode LA-1A at the beginning of my chain as my makes everything sound more better pedal. They recommend placing the Blue Bottle post-preamp so I have mine sitting after my Revival drive but before delay/reverb. In this application it feels like the best solo boost pedal I've ever had...both controls at noon-ish giving loads of headroom and added clarity.  I also like to set it at unity volume with mids boost about 3-oclock to fatten up single coils. 
  • damm73damm73 Frets: 358
    @mgaw Mark, I think I bought the Z cable from you. Genuine question, not trying to be cheeky here...if the Pettyjohn Lift is exceptional as you say then how come you don't use it? Unless, are they so good that you have two of them?! Or what else came along that is even better? :)
    @damm73 yep its superb, no doubt about it...I just dont use it or anything else in that spot anymore.no reason why as always just my fickle irrational nature and approach to most things guitar related
    Well the \Blue Bottle has landed doesn't do a load of things but what is does do is does it very well, the Pettyjohn Lift is more flexible for sure, is as good as the Blue Bottle apart from a certain warmth that valve based pedals can give....all in all I really love the sounds I am getting, am going to keep it.
    mgaw said:
    Well the \Blue Bottle has landed doesn't do a load of things but what is does do is does it very well, the Pettyjohn Lift is more flexible for sure, is as good as the Blue Bottle apart from a certain warmth that valve based pedals can give....all in all I really love the sounds I am getting, am going to keep it.
    Nice review 
  • Have one of these on the way. Looking forward to it
  • Not really much to say about this, it adds a warmth/sheen/presence and the mid boost function does exactly that. 

I’m using it between the summed outputs of a RevivalDrive and an Audio Kitchen Big Trees, and the input to a Two Notes Cab M. It’s dead quiet, high headroom, like a piece of studio gear in a pedal.