Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    "an operation that removed his football-size tumour, as well as his entire pancreas, his spleen, part of his stomach, parts of both his small and large intestines, and involved the removal and reconstruction of blood vessels relating to the liver"

Holy shit. I really hope after going through that he survives. It would be fantastic. Come on Wilko!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Sad, but good news.  Good luck Wilko !!!!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    SHIT ME! 

Good luck Wilks!! 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Holy shit that is something!! Hope he pulls through. Would be very impressive!
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Wow
  • a truly inspiring man,i wish him a speedy recovery after the operation.also one hell of a guitar player :-) 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    Bloody hell. 

If anyone deserves a bit of luck his way it's Wilko, the guy is a legend.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    wow - good luck to him, but what's he going to do with all that space? I reckon a blue-ray player...
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355

Inspirational.

I'm a bit confused though as I thought Wilko had said all along that he didn't want to suffer the trauma of operations/chemo, and was going to soldier on as long as he could until it all got the better of him?

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    StefB said:

Inspirational.

I'm a bit confused though as I thought Wilko had said all along that he didn't want to suffer the trauma of operations/chemo, and was going to soldier on as long as he could until it all got the better of him?

I suspect that was before it was decided that there was an operation that may save his life, as before the docs were saying it was inoperable. 

• StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    joneve said:
    StefB said:

Inspirational.

I suspect that was before it was decided that there was an operation that may save his life, as before the docs were saying it was inoperable. 

Fingers crossed for him, this deserves a happy ending :-)
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    The guy has show fantastic strength of character throughout all this.
    Makes you wonder why it wasn't diagnosed better earlier, there could of been substantially less surgery involved. Perhaps Wilko never bothered with follow up consultations due to his attitude towards it all.
    Let's hope it's a success and we see him back on the road in the near future.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    StefB said:

Inspirational.

I think he had the choice of no treatment and die in a few months, or treatment and die in a few more months, but with a much lower quality of life. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Good interview.  Parsons is a competent journalist; Wilko makes you think.  Good combination.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    I am the only one thinking that it isn't so much a case of Wilko having  cancer but rather pancreatic cancer having a case of malignant Wilko?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    octatonic;226442" said:
    I am the only one thinking that it isn't so much a case of Wilko having  cancer but rather pancreatic cancer having a case of malignant Wilko?
    Correct - it's going to be very hard, but he's really wupping its arse already (he should have died by last October).

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • He is supposed to be playing in Yeovil in a couple of weeks, wonder if the bugger will make it. Good luck to the guy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I saw him supporting Quo a few weeks back, and he looked pretty damned good to me. Clearly he's slowed down a bit, but he was still giving it some on stage. Hope he's gonna pull through, he's a very interesting guy, far more intelligent than some give him credit for, a charismatic person, and performer.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12362
    He's got a degree I think? He certainly looks far more thuggish than he actually is. Best of luck to him, that is some majorly epic surgery.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    His degree is English. I talked to him about Jane Austen after I saw him a couple of years ago - best of luck to him :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."