Pedal board routing experts?...a dilemma

What's Hot
theflyisbacktheflyisback Frets: 71
edited March 2019 in FX
Hi,

I was wondering what the best way is to ‘move’ a whammy pedal across my signal chain from in front of drive pedals to the end of my chain after all effects. I need it in both positions for some sounds my band uses.  I don’t have a midi switcher. And yes I could get 2 of these magnificent beasts. But just wondering if there was another simpler way.  I should know the answer but my brain is having an off day. 

FYI rig goes:

tuner into 7 loop switcher with comp, drive, Rat, booster, whammy (currently), m5, nemesis delay out of looper, into reverb 1 into reverb 2 to amp

If that makes sense

i intend to stick the whammy before it goes into the switcher after the tuner for now.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    I think the posher loop switches let you change the loop order,  e.g  Boss, GigRig2 etc. However, I run a poverty level Joyo, so could be way off base 
  • Mines a standard bright onion switcher.  Simple but effective apart from order switching unfortunately 
  • Someone else might want to chime in to confirm but I think this might be possible with a Boss LS-2 Line selector. 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Bright onion do something for that but I can't find it on website at moment 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    http://www.brightonion.co.uk/shifter-switch-looper-pedal/

This'll be able to change where it is in chain 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • theflyisbacktheflyisback Frets: 71
    edited March 2019
    Aye, I can see how that can work, thanks!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    Someone else might want to chime in to confirm but I think this might be possible with a Boss LS-2 Line selector. 
    No, unfortunately not - the LS-2 loops can only be combined in parallel not series.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5132
    I've got a couple of switchers I made myself that will do this using this schematic. Basically the same as the Bright Onion one, but even cheaper. I've retired them since getting an ES-5, but they did the job just fine. 

Not sure how well it'll integrate with the switcher though. That might be a head scratcher...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.