Parcel non-delivery card

What's Hot
martmart Frets: 5205
edited March 2019 in Off Topic
I got home from work today to find a Royal Mail card about a parcel they couldn’t deliver. It had a surname on it which isn’t mine, but matches the landlord that owns the house next door. The card also had a house number on it, which isn’t ours, or the house next door, but has many of the same digits as the house next door, as if written by somebody who’s not very good with numbers.

So I visit next door and ask if they have a parcel for us, but no, they’ve been out all day and they don’t have any parcels. And they say their landlord hasn’t been around all day, so he couldn’t have taken it in and given his name either.

Then I look closely at the card and it says it’s been taken back to the depot and I can pick it up from there tomorrow. Er, ok. So if it’s back at the depot, then what is the name and house number since they’re not mine?

Are those the details of the addressee, and they’ve just put the card through my door by mistake? As it happens they did also deliver one of our letters to our neighbour on the other side today, suggesting maybe they were getting their numbers muddled up.

Any guesses what I should do? Or what else might have happened? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    You've landed in Twin Peaks series three episode 18. Good luck. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    If you're not expecting a parcel, ignore it. RM *might* rts after a while, but it's not your problem if you've lost nothing and you're not sitting on anyone else's property
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    mart said:

Any guesses what I should do?
    Return the card to the depot and tell them it isn't for you.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 990
    There's only really one question: do yu need more Head & Shoulders?
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>