Zoom G1on

droflufdrofluf Frets: 3682
Thoughts on this please?

For home use only to replace the stack of pedals that I have accumulated (a mixture of Behringer, Moore, Amoon etc.). 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3964
    There’s an update of this, the G1 Four. Either model looks a lot for the money.
  • alvynmcqalvynmcq Frets: 11
    I have a G1ON that I got very recently. For £37 it is very hard to beat, especially for home practice, the tuner and looper are great, the drum machine isn't the best but it is fine for practicing to. Loads of usable tons out of it as well
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3682
    Well I've taken the plunge, should be with me today.
  • paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141

I keep mine at work for lunchtime practise using headphones. The aux in, looper and drum machine functions make this an excellent tool - I can jam along to backing tracks, use the drum beats for scale drills or create my own loops to practise specific techniques/scales & arpeggios, or for breaking down parts of a song. 

The effects are more than good enough for what I use it for (PSA: it ain't no Kemper), but I found the UI more awkward than my MS50G multistomp (IMO, AD INF) and it's looks hark back to the Zoom units of the 90's (i.e gash) but for the money....

hope you enjoy  

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3682
    As a way of a follow up to this, albeit somewhat belated.

Unfortunately the one I received was faulty; a lot of the presets introduced some noise so i returned it.  I was able to establish that it was way too much of a pedal for me and, to be honest, i was overwhelmed by it. I think it’s a great unit with a wide range of effects and a lot of flexibility in the ability to fine tune the settings. But I’m a bedroom player and would have spent more time fiddling with the settings than actually playing my mandolin.

so in summary a great unit but too much for me!