SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted: WTB Korg MS2000 or (ed) Blofeld or some similar type synth

What's Hot
steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
edited March 2019 in Misc £
Hello,
Anyone have a Korg MS2000 in decent nick?

Edit: Also after a Blofeld, Deepmind 6 or Roland JP8000, thanks

Cash awaits, also I have a couple of valve heads could maybe trade.

If so, drop me a line.

Thanks!

PS open to suggestions for any other synth type things which I can do a few pads and whooshy noises on. Anything you want to shift, drop me a line.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    Do you want the MS2000 for its sounds, its control interface, the vocoder or for price reasons?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3900
    I have an M Audio Venom to sell if you get stuck. It's a great underrated bit of kit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    edited July 2020
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Get a JP8000 instead.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    steven70 said:
    pads, arpeggiator patterns, FX and also to be able to trigger these in a live situation, controlling filter, resonance etc in real time.
    The limiting factor of the MS2000 is polyphony. 4 measly voices. Probably only two if you do any fancy layering.

octatonic said:
    Get a JP8000 instead.
    steven70 said:
    Was also looking into the Deepmind6
    I am inclined to agree with both of these suggestions. 

Of course, if real-time control knob twiddling is the main requirement, you could do that on an E-Mu Proteus 2000 family rack module. (No. I'm not just saying this because I have an E-Mu Audity 2000 listed in the forum classifieds.)

Even the humble Roland XP-30 and Juno-G have real time controllers that can be applied to cutoff and resonance.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    edited July 2020
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 134
    Another shout for the Deepmind engine here which is fantastic for soundscape stuff with a lot of performance tweaks available from the front panel and some extremely in depth routing options. The Control Sequencer function isn't quite as intuitive to use as a traditional sequencer but will easily do melodic and rhythmic stuff if you do a slightly deeper dive and the mod matrix is amazing for evolving drones and soundscapes over time.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7141
    Access Virus A,B or C is also useful for those type of sounds

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    steven70 said:
    Anyone used a Blofeld? I'm kind of taken by the idea...aware I'll need to mess around with the sounds a bit, but that's OK. Any experience with these rascals?
    If you're taken with the Blofeld (sounds on YT clips, etc), have a shufty at the Studiologic Sledge: it's another Waldorf Q-derived virtual analogue synth from Waldorf in a very knobby hands-on format.
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited March 2019
    I have a virus KB if you’re interested.
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
    edited July 2020
    Ah thank you- that would've been perfect. But I just bought a Blofeld cos I got that in my head after a bit of research. Should have waited a bit.

If you want to let me know how much you are looking for and where you're based, please go for it (PM or on here) - but really just to see as I'd need to shift or trade some amp heads or a guitar...or return the Blofeld.

Cheers!

• horsehorse Frets: 1568
    The modifiers on the Blofeld mod matrix provide some cool opportunities for soundscapes

edited July 2020
    Thanks @horse that's really useful - perfect. The thing arrived yesterday and I spent a couple of hours messing around.
    Have to say I'm really impressed- going to take a little time to get up to speed but seems there are a lot of possibilities in there. Got to get my head around wavetables next... 
  • steven70 said:
    Ah thank you- that would've been perfect. But I just bought a Blofeld cos I got that in my head after a bit of research. Should have waited a bit.

If you want to let me know how much you are looking for and where you're based, please go for it (PM or on here) - but really just to see as I'd need to shift or trade some amp heads or a guitar...or return the Blofeld.

Cheers!

Hey sorry for the delay. I’m in Swindon and I’d want what I paid - £500. That would include postage
    edited July 2020
    Ah, no probs and thank you for getting back to me. That's a very nice price but I am going to have to leave it. I've got stuck into learning the Blofeld now and that's going to keep my hands full for the time being. Thanks anyway.
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited April 2019
    steven70 said:
    Ah, no probs and thank you for getting back to me. That's a very nice price but I am going to have to leave it. I've got stuck into learning the Blofeld now and that's going to keep my hands full for the time being. Thanks anyway.
    No worries man, I’m in no rush to sell. The Blofeld’s no slouch anyway. Get yourself the editor from mystery island music if you need one.