SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Oil City Loaded Anodised Strat Scratchplate with Gilmour switch. SOLD

johnljohnl Frets: 2011
edited April 2019 in Parts £
I bought this for a partscaster project that unfortunately I won't be able to complete as financially things are a lot tougher than they were when I first started it.
 Ash @ Oil City did a fantastic job on this as ever, although I never managed to get it wired up so so far the only time I spent with it was admiring the soldering. As mentioned this has the Gilmour switching mod which lets you activate the neck pickup from any other switching position. Currently has white controls and cream pickup covers as I couldn't decide which way I wanted to go with it.

Spec from Ash as follows:

"Anodised scratchplate (proper US one) 

Two Triple Blues 

Diamond Geezer 

Harness plus Gilmour switching 

All assembled and ready to drop in"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Price Drop - £150 posted which is, frankly, ridiculous :)
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3186
    johnl said:
    Price Drop - £150 posted which is, frankly, ridiculous :)
    Absolute madness John. An anodised scratchplate is a mighty fine thing to start with and not cheap for a good one, add in a set of oils city pickups and to be frank you are giving this away at this price. Best of luck with the sale.
    Thanks mate - I genuinely have no idea why it's still here. If people are being put off by the cheap volume and tone knobs that I stuck on for the photos then those are removable :) Otherwise you're saving yourself a wait and a fair bit of cash on some of Ash's excellent handwound pickups.
    SOLD.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    That was a good purchase!