Are the Zoom multistomp pedal analogue bypass, and should I care?

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
those one-pedal-sized Zooms that are a bit of a swiss army knife of only occasionally used sounds - are they analogue when bypassed? 

Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3306
    edited March 2019
    I don't know. I wouldn't of thought so.

All I know is that when I had the MS-50G (amp sims, distortion as well as fx etc), it interfered with my board and there was tone suck. I sold it and bought the MS-70CDR and no issues. Even after doing the free firmware update, which brought in more sounds from the MS-50G, it was fine.

Look at what your needs are. Do you need an all-in-one like the MS-50 or are you just after what the MS-70 is pushed as i.e. modulations, delay and reverb, and basically, fx.
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    No they’re not - bypass isn’t bad but clearly a difference between it being in and out of the chain (in my opinion of course).

I put mine in a true bypass loop so (a) it doesn’t mess with my clean sound and (b) so I can leave it in ‘preset’ mode and use the loop as a master bypass. £15 extra well spent. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    Cheers

This is for a pedalboard gap - I'm out of bypass loops so will give it a miss and stick my looper pedal on there 

Red ones are better. 
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    TimmyO said:
    Cheers

This is for a pedalboard gap - I'm out of bypass loops so will give it a miss and stick my looper pedal on there 

That’s a shame, it’s a great pedal - boot something else out of its loop!!