If you were going to a 'music of your youth' party....

What's Hot
... who would you go as?

Basically, gimmie ideas! I'm quite fat, white and tall. All I can think of is meatloaf... I'd much rather go as someone like Rory Gallagher (Which I might be able to pull of 90's Rory - Rocking the double denim and plaid shirt). Really can't think of any other ideas though.

By the way, I'm sort of still in my youth so I'm using that as an excuse to pick whatever I want. Feel free to post any pictures of you in fancy dress to this thread if you have the balls.

Is it a bad idea to black myself up and go as BB king?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ROOGROOG Frets: 557

I think I would go as the Big 'O', or perhaps Elvis in his later years. I would be pushing the limits of plausibility with both Cliff and Hank Marvin, as I've piled on the pounds of late!

As for the 90's I'm a bit stumped, as a rule most pop stars seem to be almost anorexic.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

I, like many folk on this board, would probably (and somewhat tragically) make a passable Francis Rossi with no real effort.

Since it's fancy dress you are going to have to pick something distinctive. MC Hammer. Elton John. Vanilla Ice. Pavarotti. Madonna. Anyone from Kiss.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    My girlfriend suggested Axl Rose... I think I'm offended.

I, like many folk on this board, would probably (and somewhat tragically) make a passable Francis Rossi with no real effort.

Since it's fancy dress you are going to have to pick something distinctive. MC Hammer. Elton John. Vanilla Ice. Pavarotti. Madonna. Anyone from Kiss.

I like the idea of kiss but it could get pricey. Pavorotti is a good call but I'm not that fat... I reckon I could pull it off though! Elvis is also a good call... I'm researching now!
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557

possibly true!

My hair has gone a funny shade of 'light black' :0)  (I'm going to have to aim for the Steve Martin Look)

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Did someone shove a beer bottle where the sun don't shine?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I don't think I'd go. I didn't look like a rock star then and I still don't.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I'm going with Meat Loaf, or Rene from Rene and Renato. I used to look like Freddie Mercury but shaved the tache off when he came out of the closet.

• MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 261
    If I still had my Movember tash and an Explorer (used to have a Kramer Imperial, close enough) I'd go as James Hetfield from the Load/Reload era.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    I went as Hendrix to a rock star party once but refused to black up and no one got it. Actually I thought I had gotten over that horrible memory of my mate Nick's 40th birthday and it turns out he is 50 this year and wants the same bloody theme. He went as Lemmy ( wig, fake tash, leathers, Iron cross,etc)which worked quite well. MrsTheWeary always goes as fat Bjork. I think I'll do some kind of rude boy thing as I have most of the clobber - anybody remember anyone fat in any of the Two Tone bands?Or anybody, apart from Suggs, from any of the Two Tone bands? I'm Roddy Radiation! Who?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 912
    Buster Bloodvessel?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

drwiddly said:
    Buster Bloodvessel?
    Buster Hymen?
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Buster Bloodvessel
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719

That's Keith Lemon...
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    Rick Wakeman - Tall, plump(ish), wig & cape over a beer stained Tee shirt and jeans. Sorted.

If you can do the sarcastic humour too, the night will be fun, fun, fun.
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    What does your youth listen to?

Go as Pavarotti.
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319

Kiss is do-able releatively cheaply, if you can lay hands on the makeup and have someone competent to apply it - to this day I remember spray-painting lengths of garden hose silver and the ingenuity with which I connected them for my Ace Frehley. Shame I can't find any pictures at the start of the evening, only the 'much-worse-for-wear' one from when we got back to the squat...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/smokingbeagle/DSCI0116.jpg

Personally, these days I reckon I could pull off a pretty convincing Ginger Wildheart.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2014
    Rick Wakeman is a good call. I already have the beer stained t shirt and jeans. I'm adverse to buying stuff for fancy dress parties. I resent paying through the roof for a costume and wearing it once.

If I were a woman, my wedding dress would be shite.
    IanSavage said:

Kiss is do-able releatively cheaply, if you can lay hands on the makeup and have someone competent to apply it - to this day I remember spray-painting lengths of garden hose silver and the ingenuity with which I connected them for my Ace Frehley. Shame I can't find any pictures at the start of the evening, only the 'much-worse-for-wear' one from when we got back to the squat...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/smokingbeagle/DSCI0116.jpg

Personally, these days I reckon I could pull off a pretty convincing Ginger Wildheart.

That's cool! My Mrs would certainly be able to apply the make up...
    Too funny to not share.