Martin 000 17 vs 00015m?

What's Hot
Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 238
Has anyone tried them martin 000 17 series whiskey sunset or the black models which are reduced on various sites atm?  If so how are they?

Hows the 17series compare to the 15m?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    I tried and very nearly bought a 0017 Black Smoke a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful little guitar, incredibly light, sweet sounding and responsive. 

I was after an electro which is the only reason I didn't buy it - the electro version added weight and cost. 
  • harryharry Frets: 6
    Hi
    I’ve got both. The black smoke 000-17 is really a stunning guitar, plenty loud enough with more brightness than the 000-15m. Sounds beautiful with Monel retro strings and at £1150 all in, you’d be hard pushed to find a better Martin for the money.
    Nice to have a 1 3/4 nut as well. Really helps with my finger style.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 238
    Cheers guys look forward to giving one a try in the next couple weeks when Im off to peach :)
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    I played a black smoke 0017 a few weeks ago and really liked it. I really can't justify another guitar though so walked away. 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Chris_J said:
    I played a black smoke 0017 a few weeks ago and really liked it. I really can't justify another guitar though so walked away. 
    You don't belong here.  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    I really wanted to like the black smoke ones but when I tried them I didn’t get on with them at all, to me they’re not very Martin-y, they have quite a dry sound with a brashness to the treble and a more obvious boxiness than the equivalent 18 or 28 series. Might have been the elixir strings of course, and also that dry, depression-era bluesy sound is kind of what they were going for I guess. 

• Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Fuengi said:
    Chris_J said:
    You don't belong here.  ;)

Haha, maybe i do... in the end I went back and bought it!!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom