Jean McConville's ghost

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15954
edited May 2014 in Off Topic

decided to do a bit of reading/research since the story broke again....

this would break your bloody heart. hated by the Catholics for not being a "true" Catholic and hated by the Protestants for "turning"

her crime? aiding a wounded soldier. ( an act of kindness and humanity in my book) poor woman. the link below is worth your time,from 2010

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/dec/05/amanda-foreman-jean-mcconville-ira 

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 996
    it is horrific what happened to jean mcconville and her family. i really hope that justice is done and gerry adams definitely knows about who did the abduction/killing am certain of it.

may she rest in peace   
    :(
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15954
    edited May 2014
    her son was on the TV today and says the whole family KNOW who killed her, they knew all who were involved but were/are afraid for their lives......imagine turning up at her door some weeks later with her rings and a purse containing a few coppers. I have not known a sadness like this in a long time, and yet it is but one tale
    tae be or not tae be
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 996
    the police should be helping them (protecting them) if they know the persons involved,but it sounds like they are doing next to nothing to help them find the killers.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    You can only shop the killers if you know that you have more protection than the killers have avengers. Hence the family keep schtum. It's a horrible life :(
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 611
    We all know Adams/McGuiness have blood on their hands... & look where they are now ?

Tooth for a tooth anybody ? I would if it was my family...

And yet religion forbids the taking of life ????????????????????

So you know just another crime syndicate

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Horrendous episode and all concerned should hang their heads in abject shame.

Hopefully they will have the nuts to see it through and prosecute those responsible.

It was and could easily return to those dark days and neither side of the divide come out of it well. They are about as bad as each other with the IRA edging it slightly for being the worst overall.

The family have been put through hell with no support from any authorities and no wonder they kept silent. They were failed badly by all and never had an opportunity to tell what they saw to get justice back then.

Bloody harrowing and sometimes I wonder if the Good Friday deal is worth the arrogant fucks on both sides (but especially Adams/McGuiness) smugly accruing power and getting away with it all.

I understand it is for the greater good but it doesn't half leave a bad taste. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    Wisdom for you there J
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1782
    Ultimately this is posturing it would be beyond the politicians bottle to put Adams on trial. If there is sufficient evidence that he was involved it would destroy the peace.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Fucking religious zealot wankers. I hope Gerry Adams is cut up into little bits by turncoats.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Adams is having day two with the Polis, and whereby her son (as yet) was reluctant to spill the names, her daughter, it seems, is less so.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I'd like to see justice take its course prior to any public execution. If there's enough evidence, he should be tried. If not, then off he goes.

• RockerRocker Frets: 4975
    I'd like to see justice take its course prior to any public execution. If there's enough evidence, he should be tried. If not, then off he goes.
    That is a very fair comment @chillidoggy.  And one I agree with absolutely.

But history suggests that the 'winners' of conflicts are viewed in a different light.  The abduction and murder of Jean McConville was a heinous crime, the perpetrators deserve what punishment they get.  Arthur 'Bomber' Harris ordered the destruction of Dresden, in the process killing approx 25,000 innocent people.  He was not tried for war crimes.  Almost 190,000 soldiers died at the Gallipoli battlefield yet Winston Churchill, who in the Norman Rose biography of Churchill is named as one of the chief planners of that disastrous campaign, did not face trial.  The winners make their own rules.

This post is not to be read as supporting Gerry Adams.  It does raise at least one uncomfortable question: "is the Peace Process resilient enough to withstand the scrutiny such investigations incur?"
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom