Problem with my amp - any ideas?

ToonToon Frets: 57

I have a Marshall 2061X.

Took it to practice last night and it developed a fault that has confused me.

I always plug into the lead channel and then jumper that channel across into bass channel = all is well in the world.

Last night - switched on (no standby switch on this amp) and nothing from lead channel at all. Swapped over to bass channel and all OK. Weird thing is that when I jumper the bass channel back to the lead, it does make a difference and the lead vol/tone knobs have a slight impact. So..........any ideas on what may be going wrong? Valves? Rectifier (or is it solid state rectifier on this amp?)

Thanks

I am not young enough to know everything

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    First preamp valve. Half is used for each channel, so one half is dead. Either that or a component associated with it has failed, but that's less likely - try the valve first.

The unused channel controls do make a small difference because they're mixed passively with the used channel.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom