Eastman E10 SS/V demo

What's Hot
stuartryanmusicstuartryanmusic Frets: 172
edited April 2019 in Acoustics
After the recent thread on Eastman acoustics I thought I'd put together a demo of my E10 SS/V (basically a J45). Five months in and I'm still really impressed with this guitar, I even prefer it to a Gibson J35 Collector's Edition I had for years - 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    You'll have to repost the link as you've edited the post.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks, done!
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Sounds really nice. I'm a fan of Eastman guitars.
  • WarblingtonWarblington Frets: 109
    Very impressive and reassuring to learn a guy of your calibre stands by them.You demo so many guitars how often do you have that 'must have one of those' moments? Your favourite of all time so far? (Contractual agreements permitting)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for watching and for the kind words, @Warblington really pleased you enjoyed it! Great question and in all honesty not that often - the last time was a Ryan Gerber RL15+ just before Xmas, the minute I played it I knew I was in trouble and went back three times to make sure but did end up buying it! I'm super impressed with the Eastmans (no contractual obligations, I just really like them) but the wow factor more often than not comes from good vintage acoustics these days. It's amazing how often things you have high hopes for turn out to be a let down though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WarblingtonWarblington Frets: 109
    Thanks for watching and for the kind words, @Warblington really pleased you enjoyed it! Great question and in all honesty not that often - the last time was a Ryan Gerber RL15+ just before Xmas, the minute I played it I knew I was in trouble and went back three times to make sure but did end up buying it! I'm super impressed with the Eastmans (no contractual obligations, I just really like them) but the wow factor more often than not comes from good vintage acoustics these days. It's amazing how often things you have high hopes for turn out to be a let down though
    Thanks for the reply.I've seen a lot of your work on TNAG website and often wondered what were the standouts for you.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    After the recent thread on Eastman acoustics I thought I'd put together a demo of my E10 SS/V (basically a J45). Five months in and I'm still really impressed with this guitar, I even prefer it to a Gibson J35 Collector's Edition I had for years - 

Why do you prefer it to the Gibson J35 out of interest? 
  • The J35 was great but had a tendency to sound a bit crisp on the high end whereas this guitar just feels more balanced and less aggressive. There are quite a few vids of me playing the J35 on my Youtube channel, I'm going to re-visit them myself so see how it sounded compared to this. I traded it a few years ago then it came back into the shop recently so I was able to play it again - always nerve inducing as you find yourself thinking "What if I want it back?!" but thankfully I still preferred the Eastman!
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    The J35 was great but had a tendency to sound a bit crisp on the high end whereas this guitar just feels more balanced and less aggressive. There are quite a few vids of me playing the J35 on my Youtube channel, I'm going to re-visit them myself so see how it sounded compared to this. I traded it a few years ago then it came back into the shop recently so I was able to play it again - always nerve inducing as you find yourself thinking "What if I want it back?!" but thankfully I still preferred the Eastman!
    Interesting. I've been struck how well balanced my E10ss is also. It is a dream to strum, lots of power and depth and a really smooth transition across the strings.