Any MXR analog chorus fans out there?

LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
Do they cop CE2 tones? I had a Waza, which sounded great, but the lack of bass annoyed me. Obvs the MXR controls would rectify that, but is the quality of tone there?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 335
    It's my favourite ever chorus pedal. If it wasn't for the Helix, I'd definitely have one nearby.
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 366
    edited April 2019
    Had one for a number of years and used it a lot with a band and it is a very flexible chorus, it's great how you can tailor the chorus tone like the Boss CE-5 which I have also owned. However it has a buffer which is not that great and to my ears adversely affected my tone when off. Not so noticeable with a band but it bugged me so it went. So, good, flexible but not great tone wise IMHO.

I like effects that don't alter my base tone so don't like the much loved CE-2 either. I currently have a Providence Anadime ADC-4 which is the best I have found for me, much cleaner and very flexible although lacking in tone controls.
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • I love mine. Not tried a Waza so can’t offer a comparison, however it does compare very favourably against a big box EHX Small Clone, which says something for its versatility. 
    I actually prefer the Analog Chorus to its larger sibling, the MXR Stereo Chorus.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Small Clone is a very different sound to CE2 though. Which one does the MXR reproduce? The buffer is a worry, although I'm planning to get a new bypass switcher.
  • Lebarque said:
    Small Clone is a very different sound to CE2 though. Which one does the MXR reproduce? The buffer is a worry, although I'm planning to get a new bypass switcher.
    I’m not sure it *exactly* reproduces either - it just has very flexible controls so you can go from bright and shimmery to dark and swampy rather than just one basic voice.